xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio...no Video..no Warranty....  (Read 67 times)

yaymobsta

• Archived User
Audio...no Video..no Warranty....
« on: February 02, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »

Ok please dont direct me to another topic ive read just about all of them and they all say the same thing..I tried this fix i tried that fix this fix worked for a week that fix didnt work..Ok heres what happened..I started getting these "artifacts" about a week ago..Turned the system off turned it back on Bam..No video..I just tried the towel trick about an hour ago..Brought it bak to life for about 20 minutes..Second match of COD4 more artifacts..Shut the system off now no video again..Im novice when it comes to hardware/technical trouble shooting of systems..If getting the red ring is possible please help me so i can send it in and get a new one..Thanks

yaymobsta

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »

K did the towel trick again only this time i did it for about 35mins and let it cool for 20.Been up and working since yesterday evening (about 6-8 hours of gameplay)

d_u_x

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »

I have the same problem.
I've been able to revive it twice since it started happening 2 weeks ago.
First time I did the towel trick it worked for about 2 days, then it started making artifacts, restarted the xbox and no more video again.
The second time I did the towel trick again (wrapped a towel around the xbox, went to bed, woke up next morning, turned on the tv and it was showing video again) Except this time I left the towel. I have the console in the standing up position, so i have the towel around the base and the back of the console to keep the xbox hot.
It has been working for almost a week now. I am just hoping it will RRoD soon so I can send it back to MS for replacement.

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(d_u_x @ Dec 27 2007, 12:46 AM) View Post

I have the same problem.
I've been able to revive it twice since it started happening 2 weeks ago.
First time I did the towel trick it worked for about 2 days, then it started making artifacts, restarted the xbox and no more video again.
The second time I did the towel trick again (wrapped a towel around the xbox, went to bed, woke up next morning, turned on the tv and it was showing video again) Except this time I left the towel. I have the console in the standing up position, so i have the towel around the base and the back of the console to keep the xbox hot.
It has been working for almost a week now. I am just hoping it will RRoD soon so I can send it back to MS for replacement.

Your first attempt at suicide?

yaymobsta

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »

Mine has been running like a pro ever since the second towel trick.. *knocks on wood*

yaymobsta

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

lolz ok im fucked...Towel trick only works for about 5 minutes now..Anybody know how to get tha 3 red lights yet????????????