xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdmi Pinout Or Hack  (Read 36 times)

logick

• Archived User
Hdmi Pinout Or Hack
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »

Hi,

Just recently got the 360 with Flacon mobo and HDMI output.

I bit ticked off that you had to get a "special" cable to get both HDMI and optical out.

So had a few cables lying around like S-video and component. The original component didn´t fit so I tried my third party S-video cable which fit at the same time the HDMI was plugged in but made the xbox want to output standard resolutions (eg. 1280x720) instead of HDTV standards (720p etc).

So that was a no go. So cracked open the plastic case around the component cable which made it fit at the same time as the HDMI and also provided the correct resolutions (720p etc) plus I got optical out from that connector.

Weird part is, every time I go to normal TV signal and then switch back to HDMI1 the 360 reboots, just like that.

Not sure what this is, perhaps some conflict between the two cables?

I actually tried dissecting the cable down to leaving ONLY the pins needed for the optical sound and this stopped the console from rebooting. However the optical sound stopped working after just a few seconds. I think it burned a condensator which is found on the actual cable.

Does anyone have a pinout of the HDMI/optical adapter which is included with the elite?

Has anyone been more successful than me in trying to modify for eg the component cable?

Read about some more people with this rebooting problem, but no solutions. Thought the net would be buzzing with hacks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Appreciate any thoughts!

cainux

• Archived User
Hdmi Pinout Or Hack
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »

Came across this:

http://img485.images...ox360vga0ml.gif

Dunno if that's much help for you.  I have the same problem too.  How did you dissect the cable down to audio only?

Also found this:

http://www.engadget....-vga-cable-fo/3

contains this image:

http://www.blogsmith...adget_howto.jpg

Might have a go over the weekend...

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Hdmi Pinout Or Hack
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »

it boggles my mind that every time someone wants the AVIP pinout they post all these obscure links to other sites when there is a perfectly good pinout in the sticky and has been since the 360 launched in 2005

blink.gif  rolleyes.gif

EDIT: ok apparently the link is dead... nevermind

cainux

• Archived User
Hdmi Pinout Or Hack
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

lol twisted - tbh I just came across this thread directly via google and then went off searching...

When the answers were already under my nose!!

logick

• Archived User
Hdmi Pinout Or Hack
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »

Thanks for the links, but went through them before.

It´s not a pinout of the normal component/vga cable I want but just the HDMI/optical adapter, coz I havent managed to make one out of the above links....

Ah well. Hope some third party cable shows up.