xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem With 1080p And Vga  (Read 36 times)

atarashi

• Archived User
Problem With 1080p And Vga
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:11:00 AM »

Hi

I have the following monitor

http://www.sunshack.org/data/sh/2.1/infose...remium_CRT.html

I can not use 1920*1080. I should be able to. Every other resolution work. Any idea? thanks.

wuzup101

• Archived User
Problem With 1080p And Vga
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »

As far as I know, if you have the update that allows you to use VGA... you have all the updates they put out for VGA :/  MS's VGA support is pretty lackluster right now.  They don't support any native 16:10 computer WS resolutions (which is really the point in supporting VGA to begin with).  The bottom line is, unless your monitor can accept a non standard (as far as computer monitors go) resolution, you are out of luck.  Generally, more modern LCD monitors can do this, but the vast majority of CRT computer monitors were not designed with this in mind.  If you can force it with power strip, I'd be very surprised (and confused as to why it wouldn't work with the xbox).

We actually have some of those monitors in a few of the labs here on campus (mostly for cad and photo editing).  I've had the pleasure of using one, and I agree they are absolutely tops.  I would trade my 24" 1920x1200 LCD for one in a heart beat to use with my mac if size and weight didn't come into play.  However, that monitor wouldn't fit on my desk... and it surely would break the glass stand that I have my current monitor on even if it did fit!  That thing is about twice as heavy as my 40" LCD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  It's a keeper though!