xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Video ( Sound Only With Composite)  (Read 38 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User

jesterbomb

• Archived User
No Video ( Sound Only With Composite)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

Anyone?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

loosing the screws wont help

the problem is that the clamp bends the motherboard in such a way that it is putting upward pressure on the center of the chip and downward pressure on the corners of the chip. imagine holding a stick with both hands and bending it as if you were going to break it.

the problem with loosing the screws is that the chip is getting hot enough that the bending weakens the processors connection to the mobo... loosening the screws will only make it get hotter meaning that you'll have problems with even less bending.

there is no cheap or easy way out of this... just do the xclamp replacement.

sowa99

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

One chance more maybe..

My friend have little console service. He told me that sometimes R2B1 resistor (it's near AV connector, top of the motherboard) could be broken.. It's 0ohm so you need remove it and connect 2 points.. It's work for 2/4 consoles with that problem.. So maybe will work with your console.. Not for me anyway sad.gif

jesterbomb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »

I think there may be some misunderstanding between us both. My 360 has already had the xclamp method done to it. When I said loosening the screws, I meant loosening the screws used in the xclamp method. I said this because you mentioned in another thread that the mobo was getting warped because of it. Maybe I misunderstood that. Either way, I've already had the xclamp replacement done and this problem began afterwards.

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 3 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post

loosing the screws wont help

the problem is that the clamp bends the motherboard in such a way that it is putting upward pressure on the center of the chip and downward pressure on the corners of the chip. imagine holding a stick with both hands and bending it as if you were going to break it.

the problem with loosing the screws is that the chip is getting hot enough that the bending weakens the processors connection to the mobo... loosening the screws will only make it get hotter meaning that you'll have problems with even less bending.

there is no cheap or easy way out of this... just do the xclamp replacement.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

I see yeah I did misunderstand.

The xclamp replacement doesn't warp the board the factory xclamps do... but since they've been removed that's not the problem

if you're still getting this the problem is either something else or your GPU is beyond repair.

jesterbomb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »

='( Just as I figured. I tried loosening those screws up.. tightening... nothing made a difference... I guess it's done for good... Anyway.. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thanks..

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 4 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post

I see yeah I did misunderstand.

The xclamp replacement doesn't warp the board the factory xclamps do... but since they've been removed that's not the problem

if you're still getting this the problem is either something else or your GPU is beyond repair.