xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Cable Needed?  (Read 33 times)

jimbobjim

• Archived User
New Cable Needed?
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

I just got rid of my temperamental 360 and bought a fully working one out of my local paper. The system works fine except I can no longer switch to HD 480p... All I get is sound but with my previous console there were no problems. However, I do get picture and sound when I switch to T.V on the cable.

My T.V is this. It can accept a 480p signal and has not been damaged in any way.

I'm assuming I have a duff cable but I just wanted a few opinions incase I've missed something. Thanks for any advice.

Cheers smile.gif

SphtKr76

• Archived User
New Cable Needed?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »

Surely you have a friend that would loan you a cable to try? If not hit up Wal Mart, they should let you return it if it doesn't fix your problem, just be careful not to destroy the packaging.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
New Cable Needed?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »

Well, I've been busy the past few days, my gf just had a healthy 9lb baby girl and had to stay in hospital for a couple of days smile.gif All is well  smile.gif

I got a cable from a friend today but am still having the same issue. I'm assuming this means it's a problem with the console. It's really strange cos it works fine in SD. The only thing left to try is another 360 on my TV. If that works ok then it's deffo the console.

Oh well, I doubt i'll have much time for gaming for a few months anyway laugh.gif