xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Fell Over  (Read 120 times)

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »

the other day one of my 360's fell over while i was playing and now i have wierd audio glitches (very often, but its not a regular cut out like most people are explaining that they have, it is more like audio lag followed by what sounds like a cable channel going dead)that werent there before, and the video will randomly freeze for about 5 seconds pretty often, but the console doesnt freeze it just freezes and then starts playing again.....it was sitting on the floor so it didnt fall far, but i have done a complete x-clamp replacement and it didnt do anything for it

oh and here is the kicker, so far the only game that this happens on is halo 2, its like it is having a hard time loading sounds and somtimes the menus dont display all the way, and it takes textures a few seconds to load..........., all 360 games that i have tried still play fine, but halo is VERY unplayable on this xbox atm.......it also plays games and videos off the hdd and and dvds and hd-dvds flawlessly, i have not tried any other original xbox games yet, it may have something to do with the backwards compatability, but what would cause that

i have also tried different cables, resolutions, vga output, i am just running out of options here

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

I'm going to guess you screwed up your HDD and the glitches you're seeing are due to a corrupted cache from bad sectors.

... just a hunch

borrow a HDD from someone else and try playing with that HDD on your machine to see if it fixes the problem.

or take your HDD to someone elses house and see if the problem travels with you.

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

i tried my other hdd already and i cant even get it to load a map with another hdd....but i havent tried the hdd on my other console...ill try that when i get home and let you know what happens

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

alright......i tried the suspected hdd on one of my other systems and it works perfectly, i am just clueless as to what it is, i suspected it was something to do with the cache by how it was acting, but why would it play 360 games off the hdd flawlessly?

im willing to try about anything on the console to get it to work....maybe  tongue.gif

BIMP

grim_d

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jul 19 2007, 06:14 PM) View Post

I'm going to guess you screwed up your HDD and the glitches you're seeing are due to a corrupted cache from bad sectors.

... just a hunch

borrow a HDD from someone else and try playing with that HDD on your machine to see if it fixes the problem.

or take your HDD to someone elses house and see if the problem travels with you.

but it's a laptop hard drive, they are designed to be able to deal with shock?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »

well usually when you topple a console like that it effects the mechanical parts.. the HDD was the first guess but a 2nd guess would be the DVD drive since that's really the only other major mechanical component. or possibly a scratched disc.

you've already proven that it's NOT the hard drive

have you tried a different copy of Halo 2 in the broken console? or the same copy of Halo 2 in a different console?

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

its definatley not the disc.....i have tried 3 halo discs and they all do the same thing......and tried that copy in 2 other consoles and they work just like new....I guess i could buy and new drive and try it, or just spoof my samsung drive to work in the hitachi console and see if it has problems..........but if it is the drive why do movies and 360 games still play fine?

BIMP

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 05:54:00 AM »

If what you say is true about all the different scenarios you've tried then I can honestly say I'm stumped as to what's happening.

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
360 Fell Over
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »

you and me both, i am hopefully going to get enough time tonight to flash my other drive and try it in there and see what happens........i am just dumbfounded, and i did reflash the original drive afterwards and it flashed fine with no errors.....who knows huh.gif

BIMP