xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pc Monitor/360 Setup  (Read 100 times)

daggerer

• Archived User
Pc Monitor/360 Setup
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »

OK my setup consists of a TV/monitor, a pc monitor, a hifi system and a pretty old 5.1 surround speaker system.

I have my tv's output connected to my hifi's aux 1, and have the xbox audio cable (which is connected to my monitor via VGA) connected to AUX 2 on my hifi. Then i have a cable routing from my hifi/s headphone socket to my pc's sound card "line in" socket. This enables the sound of everything in my room to play through my pc headphones which is very cool as i have to plug in the headphones when my brother goes to bed.

I have some neat 5.1 headphones (medusa 5.1 - google for info) which have audio in and out. So what i do is connected the headphones to my sound card and have the speakers connect to the headphones output sound.
 I can use the headphones and the speakers at the same time by doing this but there isn't really much point lol.

Well you can see how easy it is to get everything to play through ur pc speakers i guess the hardest part is the amplifier or in my case; hifi sytem which has become VERY useful even if i don't use it for playing CD's - this is  because the cd player is broke -.-).

But hey at least i have a radio at the same time as playing an xbox game and hearing both of them through the same headphones, not that you would want to but im just saying its possible and useful.