xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whats The Best Connection To Pj  (Read 37 times)

RBJTech

• Archived User
Whats The Best Connection To Pj
« on: February 07, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(billynomates @ Feb 7 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post

i have just ordered a xbox360 hd dvd drive , and im going to hook it up to my projector what would be the best cable for this task .
my projector is a sanyo Z3 it can take component , hdmi , and also vga

any advice would be great  smile.gif or your choice and reasoning

a 3mtr one would be great too ...LOL

..the HD-DVD Player is not a stand alone unit - it connects via the Xbox360 via USB.  So whatever your Xbox 360 uses, it'll use that connection ...

For a PJ - I would recommend Component - VGA is not really designed to go over long distances, component fairs better here but as long as you use decent grade cables then both will look fine tbh ..

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

My VGA cable is 30 feet and the picture is perfect.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

I use VGA on my projector, looks a lil better than component IMO. I think the highest quality cable is M$'s official VGA cable, but if you can find one more expensive then most likely the cabling will be better quality. I have a Pelican VGA cable ($20) which is pretty thick and the audio plugs have 24k plated tips and pretty sturdy, I was very impressed with the quality of the Pelican cable considering it's pricetag of half of M$'s cable. You said money isn't an option, so I'd search for the best one you can find, but AFAIK the official M$ VGA cable is the most expensive and probably the highest quality.

Can't really comment on the length of the cable being a factor I've never used my extension and the stock cable is about 6-8 feet (what I use).

GSX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Feb 7 2007, 07:56 PM) View Post

My VGA cable is 30 feet and the picture is perfect.

My is 50' and it's thicker. laugh.gif  tongue.gif

Seriously tho, My cable really is 50' which runs to my hd1000, and there is zero loss. I run, HDMI, VGA, and Component at those distances and all work perfect. I recommend you use VGA.

QUOTE(billynomates @ Feb 8 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post

i know quality counts when it comes to the cables as they do indeed make a difference , any ideas on where to get some decent ones , no limit on the price  smile.gif

thanks for the replys  smile.gif

HEET love the pics of you xbox when i finally got to em ..LOL

http://monoprice.com/

Only ppl with brain damage buy Monster Cable....