xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XCM Mult-cable V2 PC Monitor Adapter  (Read 229 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
XCM Mult-cable V2 PC Monitor Adapter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Jan 16 2007, 10:27 AM) View Post

I would love a product like this simply so that I can use one cable for all three systems.

I WILL NOT BUY IT though. Because I don't have my systems standing within a foot of each other.

As far as transcoding HDMI to VGA it won't. It does not have an HDMI connector but a Playstation MULTI AV connector.

Also if it was to transcode HDMI to VGA it would have a pretty hefty price tag due to needing the appropriate chips to handshake with the HDMI interface.
As I expect you know there are units on the market that strip the copyright protection from HDMI by doing exactly that but last time I checked they were around $300-$400 for even a basic model.

In the picture there is an HDMI cable attached to the unit.

QUOTE(highbomber @ Jan 16 2007, 01:54 PM) View Post

The resolution output for Team Xtender's Mult-cable V2 PC Monitor Adapter is written on their home page.

www.teamxtender.com

"Output resolution ; NTSC (60Hz) 858 x 525 PAL (50Hz) 864 x 625"

I hope I am wrong but is that the max output resolution, regardless of what your console output is?

Well then that confirms that it is just a 'linedoubler', and thereby the image quality will suck.  In order to get true vga with HD resolutions, you'll need a transcoder such as the x2vga.

TheOtherBob

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Jan 16 2007, 06:27 PM) View Post

I would love a product like this simply so that I can use one cable for all three systems.

I WILL NOT BUY IT though. Because I don't have my systems standing within a foot of each other.

Yeah.... as much as I'd like something like this, my systems aren't stacked on top of each other either and those pigtail cables look a bit short.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »

its a line doubler  ph34r.gif

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jan 16 2007, 04:14 PM) View Post

Well then that confirms that it is just a 'linedoubler', and thereby the image quality will suck.  In order to get true vga with HD resolutions, you'll need a transcoder such as the x2vga.

QUOTE(redwolf @ Jan 16 2007, 05:28 PM) View Post

its a line doubler  ph34r.gif

You won't double my lines!  Get a regular VGA cable if you have a 360 or a real transcoder for use on multiple systems.

GomerPyle

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

Definetly cheaply made I mean look at the component cables that come with it they are no more then cheap RCA Jacks. Lik Sang use to sell something like this for 5 bucks! lol. In fact the casing is the same exact cheap product lightweight and flimsy! No thanks

Mr_Milenko

• TeamUIX
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

Thats a good addition to any entertainment system.... but its so fucking ugly O_o

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

its a pile of cow dung and there are cheaper versions that actually do output up to 1080i so wtf...

are these people stoned to think that anyone in their right mind would buy this.. jesus.. companies are so freakin stupid

Darth753

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 16 2007, 06:09 PM) View Post

So would this allow me to hook my 360 up to my 20" Dell Widescreen monitor and not get such shitty viewing?  When I hooked it up directly it looks like crap.  

Which begs this question, are computer lcd screens HDTV capable?

HDTV is just a resolution, so yeah (assuming it's within the monitor's max resolution).

AFAIK, transcoding give worse quality that native output as it's done "on-the-fly". Sounds like you're using a dodgy VGA cable.
Pages: 1 [2]