xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Rca To Dvi-d Lcd Monitor.  (Read 62 times)

dalezer

• Archived User
3 Rca To Dvi-d Lcd Monitor.
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »

I was looking into purchasing a DVI-I to 3 RCA video adapter (eBay item). I have a new acer 22"w monitor with DVI-D input. I was wondering if its possible to use  this video adapter to send video from my 360 component HD cables to the lcd monitor DVI-D. Are these adaptors bidirectional (both RCA to DVI and DVI to RCA) or only one way DVI to RCA. I want to know because some people claim its possible while others say you got to use expsensive big box convertors to get this done.

if that wouldn't work could I just use a VGA switch box such as this one (VGA switch box) with 4 vga inputs and 1 vga output

GSX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

If your monitor only has DVI-D, then no, an adapter will not work. The "D" stands for digital, while vga, and component are analog. The people who said you need a expensive transcoder, are right.

If your monitor had a DVI-I port(both anoalog and digital), then it would work fine. But that dosen't seem to be the case.

The VGA switch box will work fine. Just get a xbox 360 vga cable for that.

dalezer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(GSX @ Jan 7 2007, 01:53 AM) View Post

If your monitor only has DVI-D, then no, an adapter will not work. The "D" stands for digital, while vga, and component are analog. The people who said you need a expensive transcoder, are right.

If your monitor had a DVI-I port(both anoalog and digital), then it would work fine. But that dosen't seem to be the case.

The VGA switch box will work fine. Just get a xbox 360 vga cable for that.

Thanks dude. Appreciate the advice.   biggrin.gif VGA swtich box it is.