xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Yet Another Vga Question  (Read 100 times)

EvilBoris

• Archived User
Yet Another Vga Question
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

VGA is a better quality signal than component, also alot of TVs remove any picture processing when they are connected Via VGa, this will often result in a cleaner image.

Also some Tvs will sometimes cause slight jerkiness when using VGA.
The only way is to try it.
As for the upscaling, it again varies between Tvs, if it is very good quality set, the Tvs scaler will most likely be better, if it is a lower priced set the 360 might be better off doing it.

I'd just say give the VGA lead a try and see which you prefer, I can REALLY see the difference on my set whether I use it in 1280*720 or whether I crank it up to 1366*768.

The colours being washed out aren't actually washed out, by comparison to the component output it looks that way, but it is just down to component being too colourful and oversaturated. VGA looks more natural.

redwolf

• Archived User
Yet Another Vga Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

don't think you need any more explanation then what he said above, every part i agree smile.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Yet Another Vga Question
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

when you use VGA and connect to a monitor, the resolutions in the display section of your dash will allow actual monitor resolutions... dont know if it up/down scales it, more than likely your answer is in on the the FAQs pinned up top smile.gif

Geirskogul

• Archived User
Yet Another Vga Question
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

EvilBoris hit the nail on the head.

EvilBoris

• Archived User
Yet Another Vga Question
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

I've been doing a bit of research for you, Olevia seem to be quite keen on supporting their TVs and have a comprehensive list of resolutions that are supported. I don't think you'll have any problems.

What you could try before you splash out (have a look on ebay you can get VGA leads for as little as $12) you could upgrade the firmware of the TV, which should improve on any problems that olevia may of found with the set and maybe if you are lucky add some extra options/ improve the picture quality.

http://www.olevia.co...ort/support.jsp