xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Projection Tv And 360  (Read 46 times)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Projection Tv And 360
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(DreadSuukei @ Jun 15 2006, 10:50 AM) View Post
Hello. I would just like to know if my Hitachi 43' 43F300 series would work with my Xbox 360. Is it? I wouldn;t want to ruin my TV.

Are you worried about that tv specifically or projection tv's in general?
 I have played xbox on my projection hdtv since '04 and it is still working just fine. There are no burn in issues for me. Just don't be stupid and pause for hours at a time or silly things like that. Just take care of your set and it will be good right back to you.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Projection Tv And 360
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(DreadSuukei @ Jun 15 2006, 11:09 AM) View Post
My main concern is playing Halo 2 on it...The shield Meter, the Ammo guage, the two granade thingies up there and the radar circle don't move. Those could burn into the TV.

While you are correct, they could. I played Halo2 marathons on my HDrptv. I would sometimes play for 6 hours at a time every day in a 2-3 month stretch. I never experienced a single issue with burn in. Just make sure your tv is not set to "torch" mode. Lol. This would decrease the amount of time it takes to burn images into the phosphorus.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Projection Tv And 360
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

ive never had any burn in issues, id be more worried out the cnn ticker then video games =) not that id be worried.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Projection Tv And 360
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

most modern TVs don't have problems with burn in because they have specific tech to help avoid it. Further it would only effect your TV if it's CRT based... if it uses LCD or DLP there would be no possible burn-in

... and you posted this in the wrong forum  rolleyes.gif moving to AV tech.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Projection Tv And 360
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »

my 55 inch hd tv is a crt, and have yet to have a problem, now ive just gotta break in my new black samsung 50 inch DLP  tongue.gif