xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Games Look Way Too Dark On My Hdtv + Pc+hdtv Issue  (Read 89 times)

pandaen

• Archived User
Games Look Way Too Dark On My Hdtv + Pc+hdtv Issue
« on: June 14, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

Ok, thing is i just bought a Thomson 32ex127b5 32".
Graphics is awesome in 720p, but in burnout, when driving in dark alleys and stuff, the screen is nearly entirely black. Its impossible to know what you are doing. TV channels doesnt seem to have this issue.

Also my dashboard seems to be stretched? Is that normal?

When i connect my computer to my hdtv through s-video, the only resolution i can choose for the tv is 1024x768, and since my tv is 1366x768, it looks VERY VERY VERY stretched. How can i change that? I cant add my own resolution for it, that doesnt seem to work. sad.gif
Tried everything.

Anyone that can help?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

1. S-Video doesn't support any resolution other then 640x480. Your computer is producing a 1024x768 picture then DOWNSCALING it to 640x480 before outputting it to S-Video... use a VGA cable to connect to your HDTV.

2. If you're using S-Video to connecto your 360 that's why it looks like crap. Go by some Component Video cables (3 cables Red, Green Blue) otherwise you're not actually sending an HD signal. S-Video is NOT HD

... Moving this to AV Chat....

pandaen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

I use component HD for my Xbox360 > TV.

My Tv has a HDMI input, so i should be able to buy a DVI>HDMI cable and plug DVI in my computer and hdmi in tv and it should work?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

if your PC outputs natively to DVI then yes a DVI->HDMI adapter should work..

VGA->DVI->HDMI will NOT work however.

As for the 360. First check to make sure that the switch is firmly in the HDTV position on the connector and make sure that the display is set to either 720p or 1080i in the dashboard. Past that check your HDTV's setting to see if you can change the color space of the input you're using for the Xbox. if you can't adjust that many games have brightness/contrast controls built right in. I'm not sure if burnout has them but I know just about ever other game I've played does.

srx04

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

I had the same issue with a sceptre 20" widescreen lcd. BF2 was terrible, no in-game adjust of brightness and with my monitor's brightness maxed out still WAY too dark.

I think ALL games should have the ability to adjust brightness barr none.

I ended up returning my sceptre for a samsung...problem solved  biggrin.gif