xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sound Switch For Xbox 360 And Pc  (Read 99 times)

Apprentice modder

• Archived User
Sound Switch For Xbox 360 And Pc
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

hi, now that I have my new computer screen, I also bought some new speakers. yayyy
Now bacause Ihad a numeric and vga plus on my screen, I dont have unplug, plug, unplug, plug... the cables when I switch with the computer and the x360.

I would like to do this with my speakers. Im sure a lazy one.

I would like to have a simple switch that would allow me to play each system without having to replug the speakers. Now, I used my talents in paint, and here's my setup.

IPB Image
Any of you could help me with the sheme and materials to use? I tried but it didnt work, I guess im not too good with switches...

langlest

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:36:00 AM »

your gonna need theese

3.5mm Male to 2 Female Stereo Jack
IPB Image
3.5mm Jack to Twin Phono Socket
IPB Image

shouldnt cost too much

langlest

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

i just noticed that you were looking for a switch  unsure.gif  the method i suggested wouldnt let you choose what audio you hear, if you had music playing on the pc and a game running on the 360 they would both come out at the same time, im guessing your only gonna be useing one at a time anyway so this should be fine for what you need

Apprentice modder

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

so it doesnt matter if there is no switch? As long as only one is running a the time
that would be better!

Apprentice modder

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

on my monitor, there is a numeric plug ,and a vga plug. SO I hook the computer to the numeric one, and the xbox 360 to the vga one. So no need of kvm switch for me tongue.gif the problem is the sound, I just need to get some kind of audio jack that langlest showed me.  Thanks