xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Monster Cable?  (Read 133 times)

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

has anyone purchased the Gamelink component video and fiber optic audio a/v kit yet? please share reviews. i have the cables for the xbox 1 and was happy with their performance, just curious about these new ones. thanks fellas.

C o s m o

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

I upgraded to these so that I could use the optical to connect to my Logitech Z-5500. Since there is plenty of discussion about optical cables not staying plugged in to the MS cables I decided to go for the Monster package.

The picture appears to be a little better and the digital sound is great. However, the optical cable does not fit tightly into the Logitech's control panel. So I am not sure if this is the Monsters fault or Logitech's? If it becomes an ongoing issue I may try another optical for a better fit, but for now the Monster is working so I am happy.

PS - These cables look really cool though smile.gif and shipping is currently free from Amazon! I got them in three days using regular 3-5 super saving shipping.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

thanks Cosmo. i'm definitely picking them up.

C o s m o

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

I'll be getting them too. smile.gif

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

quailty oozes from the way they look, at least compared to those spark plug wires that came with the 360.

potato10

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

can you inform me with what you guys are talking about?

rolleyes.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(potato10 @ Jan 31 2006, 09:13 PM) View Post

can you inform me with what you guys are talking about?

rolleyes.gif

THIS.  And right now it's only $50 at CompUSA!!!  Buy now because everywhere else it's listed for $70.

I might say too that I bought a not-too-expensive fiber-optic audio cable (HERE) last night for my 360...basically to personally test the claims that the optical out port on the HD cables is rubbish.
Well, this $12 cable snapped into the port and works great!  5.1 dolby digital in all it's glory.  It wasn't loose.  I didn't have to cable-tie it.  I snapped it in and it stayed in-place.  I have moved tho console around.  I unplugged the A/V cable, manipulated it in ways I would normally NEVER do, just to see how the cable would manage.  It didn't pop loose until is shook the damn thing...HARD.
From my experience, if you don't want to drop some stiff cash on the monster cables, just get a decent fiber optic cable.  If for some reason it doesn't fit well, take the cable back and try another.

I'll still buy the monster for my house...leaving it hooked to my HDTV and digital receiver.  But I have no problem with the M$ cables.  I just want an extra set for system portability.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

just talking about a/v cables and upgrading the ones that came with the 360.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

just purchased it from compusa online for instore pick up only for $49.99!! 20 bucks cheaper than the listed price...woooo hoooo!!

C o s m o

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Feb 1 2006, 11:30 AM) View Post

just purchased it from compusa online for instore pick up only for $49.99!! 20 bucks cheaper than the listed price...woooo hoooo!!

Good deal.

Use it for a while and post a review.  And I mean run it through some stuff...different resolutions, games, sound settings, etc.  I'm curious to see how this performs (I'm not getting one till next month).

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Monster Cable?
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

Will do Cosmo and thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.