xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Monster Component Cables  (Read 172 times)

Rixter11O

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

i bought the monster component cables for my 360 but no picture?!? it says "no signal"    yes i have the colors right  and i returned them for another set so there not the cables.  there hooked up to my 20" sharp Lcd.  i had my first xbox hooked up to the same tv with its monster cables but  no luck with my 360 uhh.gif   i really hope its not my system thats bad.... will these cables only work if there connected to an hdtv?

tommiwan

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

that's wierd... I haven't heard of this before.  What did you have the output set to on the 360?  Can your tv handle that?  Maybe it is trying to output a resolution that is too high and your tv can't handle it.

I know that's a long shot but I'm just trying to throw something out there to help you.  Make sure you have the cables hooked up to the right colors on the tv (red, blue green) and maybe if you have another component input try moving to that one.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

component inputs are typically labeled as "component #" or "colorstream #" as opposed to "input #"

can you get other devices to work on that input?

Rixter11O

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

no i work at radio shack so i know my cables..lol   and i tried today my hdtv in my living room thnking it had to be a hdtv instead of a lcd with component inputs but this time i get a fuzzy picture?!?!?

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

Not sure if this is relevant, but I had monster cables on xbox 1 and i saw some wierd colors. I took the cord back. If you do get it working, let me know how they look (or if anyone has them hook up). Sorry I could not be of help.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but did you enable 480p, 720p and 1080i in the dash?  It looks like you're still running in interlace.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rixter11O @ Jan 25 2006, 08:46 PM) View Post

no i work at radio shack so i know my cables..lol   and i tried today my hdtv in my living room thnking it had to be a hdtv instead of a lcd with component inputs but this time i get a fuzzy picture?!?!?

I wasn't talking about the cables I was talking about how the inputs are labeled in your display's software menu.

Rixter11O

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but did you enable 480p, 720p and 1080i in the dash? It looks like you're still running in interlace

i know in my dash there is 2 tabs ..and one says hdtv settings   is that what you were talking about?   cause i cant select that tab and underneath it states    " before you choose theses setting you must connect the cables and the xbox would automaticlly change...

Rixter11O

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

http://www.xbox.com/...o-component.htm

ah i didnt know the premium came with component and composite with a little switch on it... well im gng to trade my monster 360 cables for m$ .. cant go wrong there unless its my damn xbox

hardcandy

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »

The official Xbox 360 component cables have a switch on them to either choose Standard TV or HDTV. Do yours have that switch?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

I don't think 360 component cables work with anything less then an EDTV... if I recall correctly 480p is the lowest setting in the dash when running in "HDTV" mode.

A way you can test to see if the problem is with the cable or the set... you can plug the green wire from the component cables into the component (yellow) port on your TV. if it is sending in SDTV you'll get a black and white picture, if it's sending in EDTV you'll get a black and white picture out of phase, if it's sending in HDTV then you'll get garbage...

Rixter11O

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

i pluged my green component into the yellow and got two of the same picture on both left and right of the screen of the dashboard in black and white?!!?!    but now i can access the hdtv settings area? oh i have an idea  ill post back with some results

bonkers255

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

Just a random thought that I don't know if anyone has tried.  Can the component cables (MS) be used with the setting on tv?  It would make sense with the setting on HDTV that the component cables output at least 480p.  Does anyone know if the xbox will output 480i over component when standard tv is selected on the cables?

Burnie

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

Hello, im having trouble with this, I cant see it passing a signal out through the component R G B cables. unless its set to HDTV on cable. obvioulsy if set to TV. then its using composite the yellow one. im most certian that if you set to TV. and try to use component cables it dont work.

Rixter11O

• Archived User
Monster Component Cables
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »

I did It!! my monster 360 cables are displaying 1080i widescreen on my 60" phillips!!!   ok here are thngs i found out, first of all it is in progressive mode automaticly thats why my video was all scrambled. i first hooked up my composite cables and wrote down how to get to the hd settings in my dash by my remote ( like left three times etc.)  then hooked up my monster cables and though it was scrambled i followed my directions and set it to 1080i  and bingo! sweet sweet picture...man what a differnece...theres also somethng else i did that MS told me to do but i dnt know if it really helped.     To reset your picture settings turn off your xbox ...then turn it on by the game remote(hold on to the center X)  then hold Y and at the same time right Trigger  it should reboot and your video settings are set to default.   man i was about to sell my cables too.  tongue.gif

http://support.MS.com/kb/911059/      link to ms directions to reset display settings
Pages: [1] 2