xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Component Cables...  (Read 77 times)

bonkers255

• Archived User
Component Cables...
« on: December 28, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

I used component on my original xbox with a standard def tv before I got my HDTV.  The picture quality was noticably improved.  I'm not sure about the settings on the 360 as I have (unfortunately) not been able to find one yet.  Make sure you do not set it to output anything more than 480i and I believe there is a switch that would have to be left on TV (not HDTV).  Should work out and I would recommend as you should see an improvement in picture quality.

Mick Garvey

• Archived User
Component Cables...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

I bought the madcatz ones and they have been working great on my 46 Hitachi but when I went to go use my standard def phillips with component input it wouldnt work. It seems the 360 was interpreting the component cables as it being hooked up to an HDTV because it kept outputing an HD signal. I keep hearing about switches on cables but mine doesnt have one and I dont even know which ones do...

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Component Cables...
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

Reguardless of how the switch is labeled it's really switching between "Component" (Red Green Blue) and "Composite" (Yellow) outputs.

The reason the MadCatz one doesn't have a switch is because it only has component outputs.

Using the Component outputs will provide a far superior output then composite.

Before hooking them up make sure that your Xbox360 dashboard is setup properly. so that it doesn't output in any mode that your TV does not support.

buddy7168

• Archived User
Component Cables...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »

I'm actually having the same problem... my Sony TV is not HD, but does have component inputs.  I was using component cables with my original xbox, but the 360 versions aren't working.  Are there any solutions available for this yet?