• Archived User
Hd Help
« on: December 25, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

Any suggestions?

kdx80boy

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

Your tv will not burn in if it is turned off and the 360 is turned on.  Also, for cheap component cables, I would suggest buying normal rca cables.  They are actually the same cables only labeled different and a much heftier price tag.  Just make sure you keep your cables hooked up correctly since the colors won't be lined up.  Like use red for red, green for yellow, and blue for white.

marauderrt10

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(phlipbak @ Dec 25 2005, 11:22 AM) View Post

I have Time Warner Cable. I just got a Samsung HDTV LCD LNR238W model tv put in my room. I was wanting to know a couple things: (1) The xbox 360 is plugged in (with the HD cables) to component output 2 on the tv, if I cut the TV off for a while and leave the XBOX 360 runnin, will it burn into the TV though the tv's off? Also, (2) what are some cheap, well built HD component cables to run my TV from a Hidef box/encoder to my TV to watch HDTV? And does Time Warner have a HD Encoder? I know they offer HD TV, but how much is their encoder per month? Thanks!

That whole burn in thing is a thing of the past. The tv CANNOT get burned in at all if you have a surge protector. The reason the burn-in effect happens is because the normal 12v outlet has massive surges. (hence the power outages during lightning storms) that surge brings massive amounts of electricity through the LCD causing a permenant "shadow" effect. Get a stage 2 surge protector from any electronics store for about 100-150$

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(marauderrt10 @ Dec 26 2005, 05:26 PM) View Post

That whole burn in thing is a thing of the past. The tv CANNOT get burned in at all if you have a surge protector. The reason the burn-in effect happens is because the normal 12v outlet has massive surges. (hence the power outages during lightning storms) that surge brings massive amounts of electricity through the LCD causing a permenant "shadow" effect. Get a stage 2 surge protector from any electronics store for about 100-150$

thats bull shit. 'burn in', on a crt tv, is when one image is displayed for too long (takes months). then that image is 'burnt in' to teh screen, so it is allways there. it is liek a ghost, not in full colour, but it is noticable. i have only ever seen oen monitor that has been burnt in, and it was left on, displayign teh one image, for 2 years.

but for part (2) of your question, its not really a 360 related topic, and thus doesnt belong here. but someone might be able to help you out

kdx80boy

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Dec 26 2005, 04:35 AM) View Post

thats bull shit. 'burn in', on a crt tv, is when one image is displayed for too long (takes months). then that image is 'burnt in' to teh screen, so it is allways there. it is liek a ghost, not in full colour, but it is noticable. i have only ever seen oen monitor that has been burnt in, and it was left on, displayign teh one image, for 2 years.

but for part (2) of your question, its not really a 360 related topic, and thus doesnt belong here. but someone might be able to help you out

CRT's still burn in.  But he is using a LCD which I believe can not burn in.  So for him, there is no chance of burn in, only wear out (lol).

And for the cables like I said before, just use normal rca cables.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(kdx80boy @ Dec 28 2005, 10:41 AM) View Post

CRT's still burn in.  But he is using a LCD which I believe can not burn in.  So for him, there is no chance of burn in, only wear out (lol).

yeah thats what i said, it was a CRT monitor.

LCD's can burn in, but it is a hell of a lot harder (has to be very bright and on for AGES. plasma burn in easily).

so your right, you dont really have to worry about burn in on LCD's. i dont with my 19" widescreen lcd monitor.

GSX

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(marauderrt10 @ Dec 26 2005, 01:26 AM) View Post

The tv CANNOT get burned in at all if you have a surge protector. The reason the burn-in effect happens is because the normal 12v outlet has massive surges. (hence the power outages during lightning storms) that surge brings massive amounts of electricity through the LCD causing a permenant "shadow" effect. Get a stage 2 surge protector from any electronics store for about 100-150$

LOOOL, thats a classic  laugh.gif

Edit: I cant stop laughing....Wonder if a best buy guy told him that so he would buy a surge protector.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Hd Help
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(GSX @ Dec 28 2005, 07:21 PM) View Post

Wonder if a best buy guy told him that so he would buy a surge protector.

i'd say so