xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A/v Switch Box With Surround Sound  (Read 70 times)

woofis

• Archived User
A/v Switch Box With Surround Sound
« on: December 25, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

ok i have a surround sound with a dvd player that it came with. i hooked that up and i can get sound through that and that only. i tried hooking my 360 up and i get video from my projector and sound from my projector but i can seem to figure out how to get sound through my surround sound. a diagram or explanation would be great thanks!

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
A/v Switch Box With Surround Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 02:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(woofis @ Dec 26 2005, 03:20 AM) View Post

ok i have a surround sound with a dvd player that it came with. i hooked that up and i can get sound through that and that only. i tried hooking my 360 up and i get video from my projector and sound from my projector but i can seem to figure out how to get sound through my surround sound. a diagram or explanation would be great thanks!

ok, so am i reading you right? the dvd player has teh 5.1 decoder built in? does it have ports at the back to hook up the 5 speakers and sub?

if so, then i doubt that it will have an 'audio in' jack on the back. this means that it will only do the 5.1 from what ever dvd it is playing.

if you want to have more devices, then you will need to buy a 5.1 decoder box, which will have 4 or 5 (ish) digital inputs into it