xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good Tv For Xbox 360?  (Read 299 times)

Mikeizzle

• Archived User
Good Tv For Xbox 360?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikebpi2 @ Nov 29 2005, 04:57 AM) View Post

Don't listen to these noobs.  LCD's are the WORST type of TV for gaming.  Their refresh rates are over 4x longer than the average plasma.  You will NOT see crisp pictures in action sequences.  You will see ghosting all over the place.  

Here is the pecking order.

CRT (The Sony SXRD's are beautiful)
Plasma (No burn-in issues with newest generations)
DLP (Small quality loss from Plasma)
LCT last.

Actually i beg to differ. I went to Best Buy over the weekend to play the X360 And it was on like a 40" LG brand LCD im pritty sure. And i have to say in all my amusment, it looked beautyfull. Made me wanna get one, but  i dident have time to check out what the prices were on them. I think the whole thing about LCD was probly based on like the first LCD TVs that came out. Since then the quality n' stuff of it has improved over time.

bonkers255

• Archived User
Good Tv For Xbox 360?
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

Wasn't trying to start an arguement, so let me clarify.  The level of ghosting on an LCD will be higher than that of any other set.  However, this might still be at a level that is unnoticeable to the naked eye.  My personal beef is I can't live with the screen door effect or the poor contrast ratio (in comparison to other technologies).  But some people can't deal with the rainbow effect.  So like I said before, test out the tv and pick the one that you like gaming on the best.  Any decent retailer should let you bring in your own 360 and plug it in to the tvs to let you check them out.
Pages: 1 [2]