xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rgb And Vga Pinouts  (Read 484 times)

OcnewB

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 04:56:00 AM »

So correct me if im wrong. On the left side you see the 360's video output connector which is located in the xbox. On th eright side you see how to connect on scart(rgb) and vga.

So i get an ordinary scart cabke with 21 wires (around 10 dollars) i cut one side off and solder the points to the connection points in the 360?

I dont get it to be honest. Do i need a normal x360 cable which comes with the premium package , and start soldering in the plug that attaches to the x360?

And what happens with the optical audio out?

Arakon

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 05:16:00 AM »

The connector on the right side with the numbers pointing to it is the xbox360 connector.
you could i.e. cut up the cable that comes with it (especially when you are getting a core package since it's only composite then), or a third party composite cable (which will be a good bit cheaper than the VGA/RGB ones).

the optical out on the 360 connector can stay in place just as it is, no modification needed for it to work.

The main focus is european people, since the 360 comes with YUV cables, but most europeans simply don't have HDTV capable TVs, so making a RGB cable from the YUV one is both useful and cheap.

tyraen

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

One thing that's missing is the digital out, which would be a pain I'm sure, but is what I'm aiming to use.  Unless of course, that is what mysterious "pin 15" is...?

Chancer

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 06:01:00 AM »

but most europeans simply don't have HDTV capable TVs, so making a RGB cable from the YUV one is both useful and cheap.

That is exactly what I wanted. Thank s  beerchug.gif
I require RGB rather than just crappy old composite so this does the trick

Arakon

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

One thing that's missing is the digital out, which would be a pain I'm sure, but is what I'm aiming to use. Unless of course, that is what mysterious "pin 15" is...?

pin 15 for VGA is the data pin, which tells the monitor which resolution to use.

an optical output is already on the 360 plug, you can just keep using that without any extra work.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

Actually wiring this up could be very cheap...

If you get a solder cup Sub D-15 female connector you could wire a VGA port right into the 360.... the above will cost you about 50 cents then it's a mader of soldering it in place. If you want more then one connection simply wire in a switch or two...

Anyone who can't grasp what I'm talking about needs to take a look at Spillage's "All outputs configurable" mod. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=117473

I plan on doing the same with my Xbox 360  beerchug.gif

mmm... native DVI

atomiX

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »

I wasn't aware that it had native DVI...very nice.

unspoiledpuma

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

tongue.gif  Because i understand only 40% of the diagram tongue.gif

here a link for noobs like me wink.gif but i want more explication tongue.gif
Here

VariableElite

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 15 2005, 08:24 PM)
Now I'll be impressed when someone figures out the HDMI/DVI pinout...

View Post

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2005, 04:45:00 AM »

Since i'll be purchasing the premium 360, and not being able to use the component cables for my TV, i was planning on turning it into a vga cable.

My question is, could i not just attach a VGA to RCA 3 Female cable to the 360 component cable:

user posted image
HD15 (VGA) Male to RCA x 3 Female, D / Shield, (HD15 to Component Video) Adaptor, 1 ft

Or will i have problems with the H&V sync?  And if that be true, would having a sync on green monitor solve this?

Also, where are the H&V syncs on a component cable?

If this works, it would be a shit load cheaper (cable adapter is only 5 bucks plus shipping) then turning around and paying $40+ on a 360 vga cable.

Arakon

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

I doubt that adapter will do YUV to VGA conversion, since VGA uses RGB, and requires seperate sync lines, as well as missing the data pin, etc.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

Oddly enough, though, this is exactly what i used for the original xbox (execpt it was male, instead of female), with the vga bios, and it worked perfectly.

Since it worked with my original xbox, wouldn't it also most likely work with the 360?

Arakon

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

the vga bios outputs RGB and sync on green, not YUV.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

There's my answer.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Rgb And Vga Pinouts
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

Next question:

Is there a tut on how to open up the 360 avip plug without causing damage to it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4