xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I'm At A Loss.  (Read 407 times)

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Aug 28 2005, 05:59 PM)
Wedding shirt..

SonnyMarrow

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

sad.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

pop.gif

dont want to turn this into a pissing match  beerchug.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

pop.gif

I want my 360  sad.gif

I entered my 1st code into the sweepstakes thing..what a waste. I could enter 5,000 and I wouldnt win shit  sad.gif

ahh well, I needed Pepsi  beerchug.gif

mrpunchy

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 05:33:00 AM »

Def is 100% correct.
THere are many great sites that are dedicated to this very topic.

http://www.avsforum.com/

That is my favorite and offers days worth of reading. Although they can be a bit unforgiving to the uneducated.

Really though the best bang for your dollar these days would be a high def CRT. It will not have all the features that you can have but like most thing in life it will have what you need.

frenzy987

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »

Not sure of the US equivilent but I have a Sony 86cm KVHR36M31 HDTV CRT, one of the models with super fine dot pitch.

It blows away any lcd, plasma, rp, anywhere near the price range.

PQ is exceptional and displays REAL 720p

Check out the pics on DavoNogo's post 4 posts down.

http://www.dtvforum....topic=22818&hl=

Note the pics don't do it enough justice, and the screen is not curved like the pics suggest.

tayl0124

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Aug 28 2005, 05:18 PM)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

LCD>CRT.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »

With the inclusion of HD cables as standard, Itagaki hopes that people will end up making the move to HDTV. He suggests standard CRT over other types, devoting a lengthy rant to his displeasure with LCD televisions. Itagaki states that Team Ninja has “flagship class” LCD televisions throughout its offices, and he’s not impressed with any of them. The problem, he states, isn’t so much with response time, but with inaccurate color. Combine that with the high prices, and he comes to the conclusion: “buying a CRT is, as a gamer, a wise choice.”

Itagaki is also sure to give some talk to sound, offering the hope that players will invest in a 5.1 system. Dead or Alive 4 is fully 5.1 compliant, and Team Ninja has even mixed separate surround and stereo tracks for some parts, including the ending movie. Itagaki was a bit surprised when the interviewer revealed that surround sound systems are down to about 200 bucks.

On the note of high definition televisions, Famitsu Xbox 360 poses a question that we’ve all been wondering: what happens when you play DOA4 on a standard 4×3 television rather than a wide screen 16×9 screen? Itagaki feels that black borders are horrible and not good looking, which is why current generation Xbox games support both 4×3 and 16×9. “I could not take pride in using black areas on both sides of a wide television,” he states, “and I have no desire to have my fans play something in which I do no take pride.” While he’d like people to purchase a wide-screen television, he realizes that this is not an option everyone, and so DOA4 is being made to display in full screen on a standard 4×3 television. In other words, he jokes, the game is fully SD compliant (the joke is that current generation Xbox games were listed as being fully HD compliant).

The interview turns to a discussion of the Xbox 360 hard disk. Responding to the question of what kind of effect the lack of a standard hard drive in America and Europe will have on his games, Itagakis states that he’s known for quite some time that MS was looking into releasing a version of the system without the hard disk. “Without a hard disk,” he explains, “it’s difficult to do things like the Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack. There are also problems with caching.” He suggests that smooth startup sequences for games would be difficult. Also regrettable, he states, is that, minus a hard disk, he won’t be able to manage sound in the way Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball does now, where music is copied over from the game disk.

However, those who plan on buying the fully equipped hard disk needn’t worry, as Itagaki adds “The Xbox 360 I buy will have a hard disk equipped. I believe 80% will buy the hard disk model. And so, take solace that we will make games that fully utilize the hard disk, just as we have until now.” Those without the hard disk are being taken care of, though, with Itagaki planning on tuning the game for the core system as well.

In closing, Itagaki asks that users make a couple of additional purchases for their Xbox 360. First up is a USB keyboard. DOA4 allows for keyboard chat. The game uses a lobby system that Itagaki refers to as “House,” where players can create their own avatars, which Itagaki refers to as a “Doll.” Itagaki also suggests purchasing a joystick. Team Ninja is overseeing the development of an official joystick with peripheral maker Hori, just as it did for the DOA3 stick.

Dead or Alive 4 is scheduled to launch with the Xbox 360, so we should be able to experience Team Ninja’s latest and greatest in less than two months.

Source: IGN

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mekapo @ Sep 30 2005, 02:16 AM)
I'm looking at purchasing the Sony KD30XS955.  From what i've read on many sites is that this is basically the best 30" CRT that money can buy at the moment.  Would this be a wise investment for the 360?

SatanX2112

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

wink.gif )

#2 Try it out. Most stores have the TV's set up so far off in color, contrast and brightness it's not even funny (Bright TVs seems to draw customers like moths). Feeding 20-25 TVs from the same line doesnt help. If you see something you like, ask them to either hook a dvd player up to it or if you have the HD pack for the xbox, ask if they mind if you bring it in. Most stores will let you. Play with the contrast, color and for the love of god, if it has anything like a 'vivid' setting, turn it off.

#3 DONT SETTLE. Dont buy an HD set cause it's HD. The cheap ones are exactly that, cheap. Don't waste your money.

I'm done.

BTW, the sony set you mentioned is actually not a bad set at all. If my memory serves me well, it's using the same XBR tube....

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

CRT'S=higher resolution support inch for inch,oh wait there isnt native 1600x1200 19inch lcd's or 19inch lcds that support a good 2053x1536. i dont care what you say i still see a pinch of ghosting on 8ms lcd monitors,and i like my true blacks

Mekapo

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Sep 30 2005, 11:55 AM)
I'm gonna be really honest with you because I spent months toiling over which 30" screen to get, including that one.  Here's my first advice:  Don't buy a Sony TV unless it's an XBR.  That's their premium lineup and it's fantastic... but it costs alot more.  Second advice: Buy Samsung.  They are amazing and Samsung hasn't figured out to charge a shit load either.  I bought a Sammy Slimfit 30" and it's the best CRT you can get.  Considering it's $900 and comes with an HD ATSC tuner, you can't beat it.

krazyshane

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mekapo @ Oct 1 2005, 04:50 AM)
Ya i've been going back and forth between the Sony KD30XS955 and the Samsung TXR3079WH for a while now.  I'm thinking that i'll be best off w/the Samsung slim-fit as its quite thin for a CRT, much nicer spacewise for the area i'm looking at.  Plus i hear the quality is great for the price.  All these reviews and the back and forth is starting to hurt my brain.  I'm about 99% sure i'm gonna get the Samsung now.   Wish me luck smile.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
I'm At A Loss.
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(frenzy987 @ Oct 1 2005, 04:33 AM)
Ummm aesthetics, thats about it
Pages: 1 [2] 3