xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Spotted At Idf - Xbox 360 To Have Hdmi?  (Read 228 times)

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Spotted At Idf - Xbox 360 To Have Hdmi?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

Just an assumption on my part based on rumor.  I don't know if it's confirmed.

kl0wn

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

wink.gif

I don't really care for HDMI/DVI at this point, my new tv does not support it ;p

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aristotle16 @ Aug 24 2005, 05:51 PM)
just a quick question...did an MS rep ever OFFICIALLY confirm the WebTV analog chip in the 360?

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 06:14:00 AM »

As far as HDMI the next cousoul should have it.. PS3 or 360. if it doesnt i probably wont see myself get one

words of a true gamer  dry.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 31 2005, 08:25 AM)
words of a true gamer  dry.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(X36 @ Aug 31 2005, 11:32 AM)
I'm very serious about Home Theater.  If the 360 doesn't have a digital connection it will be very disappointing, still will get one, but disappointing.  As far as HDMI is concerned there are many Pre\Pro's and receiver that strip out the audio and sends on the video. When you can compare analog video todigital,  digital wins hands down.   The only other digital audio connection is Toslink, which is the worst of the digital connections.  I believe it goes XLR, RCA\SPDIF,  Toslink.  I don't know where Hdmi fall's into that list but it is better than toslink.

mbaez99

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(X36 @ Aug 31 2005, 05:32 PM)
I'm very serious about Home Theater.  If the 360 doesn't have a digital connection it will be very disappointing, still will get one, but disappointing.  As far as HDMI is concerned there are many Pre\Pro's and receiver that strip out the audio and sends on the video. When you can compare analog video todigital,  digital wins hands down.   The only other digital audio connection is Toslink, which is the worst of the digital connections.  I believe it goes XLR, RCA\SPDIF,  Toslink.  I don't know where Hdmi fall's into that list but it is better than toslink.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

Plagiarizing is illegal
http://www.harmonict....asp?keyword=62

Also they're basing their claims of optical's inferiority on assumptions that the equipment is made with "cheap plastic" and that it's being used to transmit an analog signal digitally.

What they failed to mention is that A to D conversion is the conversion from an Analog source into the S/PDif format... so your Coax is going through the same conversion (provided you're using an Analog source). Last I checked most source material for home theaters is digital to begin with. Also so long as quality LEDs are being used the "conversion" to light as they put it offers no signal loss. Again basing toslink's inferiority on an assumption that it's accomplished with cheap parts. As I said in my previous post: "the signal quality would be completely dependent on the Quality of the cable" the same goes for the source device providing the signal to said cable.

Besides the discussion in on HDMI... even if there are devices that will break out the signal into their separate components, the last thing I want to do is add another device in the chain between my sources and my outputs.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 31 2005, 04:50 PM)
Plagiarizing is illegal

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

I wasn't attacking you, no worries. There is enough confusion going around on these format that I like to keep people's information straight when I can.

I agree that a cheap coax will offer superior sound to a cheap toslink as a high quality toslink will be more expensive than a similar quality coax, it goes back to convience... I personally have a lot of interference in my area and the difference from coax to toslink for me was dramatic. For most the difference between toslink and coax today is indistinguishable. Your hardcore AV-philes will typically go with AES/EBU balanced input as it does offer the best quality, however I've never seen a receiver or source device with support for it that I could come close to affording.

You mention a 1/8" jack for optical. The only time I've ever seen that used is with Monster's AV cables for the Xbox, Though honestly with the Xbox as the source device and a conversion to an 1/8" jack it's pretty much a crap-shoot in terms of quality regardless of whether or not your using toslink or coax.

X36

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 03:31:00 AM »

Interference sucks and is the main reason that 5/7 of my digital connection are made with toslink.  Audio is my main love, so the more EMI/RFI I can rid out of my system the better.  I was thinking that if you have one connection point with HDMI you will be less of an antenna, not to mention that it should cut down on the chances of a ground loop. but until someone comes with a better solution it will be toslink.  Or if you have large amounts of money laying around , Harmonic Tech CyberLight. That should knock out all interference

nickman

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 31 2005, 04:26 PM)
My sentiments exactly... I'm on my 3rd HD capable display and I'm pricing out my 4th and 5th... you know what NONE of them support HDMI... yeah it's THAT important to HD

I'm looking at buying a HDTV ready TV. But here in sweden komponent IN is not that usual on cheap LCD/Plasma TV's. But DVI/HDMI/VGA is.

I guess the only option for the 360 is to use VGA. Atleast on all the TV's i have looked at. There are very few CRT HDTV ready tv's here. But atleast they have komponent IN.

I guess that because we are late in the HDTV race we skipped the komponent stage and went strait for the nexgen input ?

Feels strange that the nexgen console doesn't support more output though.
Pages: 1 [2]