xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Trying To Confirm My Understanding...  (Read 107 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Just Trying To Confirm My Understanding...
« on: August 22, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

you are correct the $400 version does not come with S video

though there seems to be some discrepancy as to whether or not the $300 comes with it (I think it might as MS has only listed 2 cables for sale... a stand alone composite not being one of them)

honestly I wouldn't even bother with S-video if you're planning on upgrading to HDTV later on... IMO the difference between composite and S-Video is minimal and not worth the $30 unless it's your permanent solution.

bcforn64

• Archived User
Just Trying To Confirm My Understanding...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

I have a cheap S-Video booster I got from RadioShack a few years ago and some under the carpet S-Video solution with 12 feet Optical cables that I concocted. I know the problems with this, I understand that I am in effect stretching the colors and not getting true contrasts, blah blah blah. But as it is, right now it looks really nice in a kind of ghetto way and it works. I have my game consoles to the side of my bed, and my TV on the wall across the bed. Everyone that sees the picture flips and thinks it is of HD quality because the colors are so vivid.  biggrin.gif  As you know bright eye candy = video resolution.

I might just get a VGA pack and use it on my new PC LCD I bought for the meantime, but it has a single dead pixel and I'm a bitch when it comes to perfection.