xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Multiplayer Split Screen Video Feeds  (Read 229 times)

incognegro

• Archived User
Multiplayer Split Screen Video Feeds
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

stop holding your breathe.........i seriously doubt u will ever see this.......but anything is possible....... dry.gif

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

i'd say no   becuz   to do that the 360 would have to suport multiple feeds in full rez which is extermly hard to do.  the beauty of split screen or rather why it works is that the xbox is still rendering at the same rez as if u were playing a 1 person game but rather with multiple people/sections.

suposidly the ps3 will be able to suport dual 1080p   but i highly doubt it.

nateh90

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

i just use two consoles and my tv that can do PIP and we get a full screen for both of us.
but thats not a very practical solution lol

chris_kalan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 06:43:00 AM »

1)  Sony's claim of 1080p was already shot down and it is only simulated 1080p (whatever that means).  It is not true 1080p.

2)  PS3 will not be more than $50 more expensive than the 360.  If it is like $150-$200 like you are implying by saying "x360 will be relatively cheap compared to the PS3" then no one would buy it.  Sony might be taking more of a loss to sell it lower, but they would sell it.

3)  Don't kid yourself, when the 360 comes out, bills will run to the high $600 range because most stores will make you buy like 2 games and an accessory, as they did with the XBOX.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »

I agree Thax

if the 360 launches at 300.00, then several months later ps3 launches at atleast 350.00, the 360 will drop to atleast 250.00, and theres the 100.00 difference.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »

I think it might behoove MS to have a "PS3 Launch" special free game promotion for a limited time that month.  It might be enough to draw some PS3 crowd to 360.  If they drop their price, it might make MS look like it lacks faith in its system.  People might ask, "Why is it $150 cheaper?"  People expect a $300 pricetag.  When PS3 launches, MS will need more than just a price difference to sway Playstation fans.  They are going to need games to prove their worth and nothing says lovin' like free games.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

I've recently returned my ps2 back to costco after 4 years of owning the console (YAYA!) and when I initially purchased it it was around 349.99 canadian.
This was a bundle and after a year the ps2 has been out. The console was around 399.99 canadian. A bundle was 449.99 at launch and, as I have stated, 349.99 after a year of the console being out. how can you possibly say that an Xbox360 bundle will be 599.99?

Explain.  rolleyes.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »

If a store requires you to buy a bundle... then shop elsewhere... not every store will require the purchase of a bundle, in fact most WONT. By not shopping at places that require a bundle purchase you're speaking volumes with your wallet.

now back on topic....

there are three ways to get separate screen action...

way 1: dual monitor support
the console would have to feature two sets of video outputs, the obvious downside to this is that the graphics chip has to work twice as hard... as it's literally rendering TWICE the resolution... expect the picture to be less than half the resolution the game normally displays in (for example if the game normally plays in 720p, expect the max supported resolution across both screens to be 480i) This feature in itself adds a fair amount of cost to the console, if you were to get TRUE full res graphics out of both outputs you would need to double the graphics chips which in turn would probably come close to doubling the price of the console.

way 2: a de-multiplexer
a device that allows you to input a single video feed and output sections of the original on two more separate video feeds (literally splitting your video output). the problem here is not only do you end up with only 1/2 or 1/4 of the original resolution stretched out over the whole screen, but a de-multiplexer can cost anywhere between $400-$1000... equipment like this is usually reserved for video industry professionals like those who work at news stations and TV show/commercial production.

way 3: buy a second damn console
buying a second damn console and networking them together you get full resolution on both displays, not to mention it's probably also your cheapest overall option. Most importantly, this has been available in one form or another since the PS1. which means you can do it... RIGHT NOW.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(chris_kalan @ Jul 16 2005, 07:54 AM)
1)  Sony's claim of 1080p was already shot down and it is only simulated 1080p (whatever that means).  It is not true 1080p.

View Post

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Jul 21 2005, 09:11 AM)
Can I see a source on that? I'm not doubting you or anything, I just know some Sony fanboys who would find this interesting.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jul 21 2005, 02:40 PM)
If a store requires you to buy a bundle... then shop elsewhere... not every store will require the purchase of a bundle, in fact most WONT.

View Post

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

ive only seen 2 stores that seel a bundle. but you end up saving money so i dont even see a problem

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 02:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(format13 @ Jul 30 2005, 10:13 AM)
at psp launch i swear every store was bundle or nothing, hopefully all next gen consoles dont follow this trend...if not, theres always ebay...expect to pay more though

Mr.Sci-Fi

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

I'd buy three xbox360s and 17inch monitors if I knew halo3 would support triple monitor views (front, left & right side).