xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1080i Tv Help... And Hard Drive Transfer  (Read 173 times)

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
1080i Tv Help... And Hard Drive Transfer
« on: July 06, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

I bought a 1080i 26 inch Samsung widescreen CRT TV a year and a half ago. It is HD-ready, but since I don't have digital cable or a box; I haven't seen HD on it yet. Will I need a box just to play 360 in HD? Sorry if this is a repost, but I already have the TV and was hoping that I won't need an expensive box.

On another note, I hear 360 will be backwards compatible. Will MS have a way to transfer saves on the Xbox to the Xbox360. I'd hate to lose all my saves as I'm sure some of you would too. I'd also prefer not to have both Xboxs hooked up to my TV as I have limited space.

Thanks for the help

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
1080i Tv Help... And Hard Drive Transfer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

many of your questions have already been answered here... look around/search next time...

but because I'm such a nice guy...

you wont need any special "box" to use your 360 on your HDTV. If you have component inputs (three cables: red, green, blue) then you should be all set to view Xbox360 content in HD right out of the box.

As for BC, yes it will be BC (so yeah you can disconnect your current gen Xbox if you so desire), As for save games MS has said they're working on methods to transfer them though we really don't know for sure yet. There will be some method available though.