xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will There Be A European Scart Connection?  (Read 302 times)

Ozy

• Archived User
Will There Be A European Scart Connection?
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

I hope that the xbox 360 will have a european SCART cable as an option otherwise I can't play the xbox 360.

I don't have HDTV so componant is out the question.
I don't have an S-Video connection.
Composite sucks and wouldn't be worth buying a 360 if I chose this method.

All that is left is European RGB SCART connection. Do you think that they would include this as an option or not?

I hope they do otherwise I'm pretty much screwed.

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

I'm sure that they will have, though they never come with it when you purchase the console. You'll have to fork out extra on peripherals it seems, i'll be doing the same. As I did with Xbox and PSX (the psx one was compat with PS2), so if ms keep there connection the same, hopefully we can use the Scart from Xbox on Xbox 360 also.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cold|Fusion @ May 30 2005, 11:03 PM)
I'm sure that they will have, though they never come with it when you purchase the console. You'll have to fork out extra on peripherals it seems, i'll be doing the same. As I did with Xbox and PSX (the psx one was compat with PS2), so if ms keep there connection the same, hopefully we can use the Scart from Xbox on Xbox 360 also.

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

I can't give you a positive 100% answer on that, but in my own opinion, I would say yes, as the aim is to improve everything. Speaking of improvement, I hope this time around m$ actually install an optical jack on the machine, rather than forcing consumers to buy an advanced scart pack, to be able to take advantage of 5.1. Short of that installing one on the motherboard themselves.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

i'm sure SCART will be there.
http://www.extremete...,1817024,00.asp
TH: Yeah. We'll also support some of the SCART type adaptors in Europe. It will support S-video, but not out of the box.

but not sure if it will be RGB though...

i'll be fu(king annoied if the console don't support RGB via Scart. Since PSX we had RGB option, only the N64 the RGB was disabled and the NTSC Gamecube they disabled it.

And for some reason Xbox PAL disabled progressive scan. via component out  mad.gif

Just hope MS don't fuck us over....

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »

From various interviews MS says they will support everything the current Xbox does. In addition to native VGA. As for the connectors on the back of the console they say they haven't decided what connectors to include or the shape of the proprietary connector (my guess is it will be different from the the current Gen Xbox so they can make room for digital video signals for connectors like HDMI and DVI-D)