xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wwe Smackdown 2007 Demo On Mp  (Read 719 times)

CreziB

• Archived User
Wwe Smackdown 2007 Demo On Mp
« on: September 28, 2006, 07:01:00 AM »

man, quite a few demos released this past week

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

How does it look? (i'm at work and wont be able to check it out for another 7 hours sad.gif)

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

I'm home for the day, now.  I'll grab it and post a synopsis.  I'm not much a wrestling fan.  I really wish someone would release a great pride fight or UFC game(partial to Pride, though).

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

the things some of us would do for a gears of war demo   biggrin.gif

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

I'm kinda hoping they don't release a Gears demo.  So many people will buy it and then people on the fence will see reviews/watch gameplay footage/play it at a friend's house/etc. which will probably push them to one side.  

I'd just rather open my present on my birthday rather than early.  Pops taught me that, I guess.

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

Epic have already said there will NOT be a demo before release.

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »

Ok, I played WWE.  There certainly are plenty of loading screens.  Graphics look alright for a yearly franchise game, but nothing to ooh and ah over.  

I'm not much of a wrestling fan, so I got bored before I finished the first match.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

not a bad game, wnt b getting it though. fear was good.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »

say what you will about the game, but it has the best charcter graphics i've seen on the 360, or any other system, yet.  Very impressive, and much better then FN3's graphics.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Oct 11 2006, 04:55 AM) View Post

say what you will about the game, but it has the best charcter graphics i've seen on the 360, or any other system, yet.  Very impressive, and much better then FN3's graphics.

You obviously haven't played dead rising... Self shadowing of your nose against your face, your collar against your shirt, coupled with amazing textures, normal mapped everything and overall some of the most detailed character models you've ever seen. Top it off with the fact that there are hundreds of characters on screen at once, nearly every environmental object can be picked up and used, and other sweet effects like depth of field.

Hands down the best looking game I've ever seen on any system PERIOD.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 11 2006, 08:02 AM) View Post

You obviously haven't played dead rising... Self shadowing of your nose against your face, your collar against your shirt, coupled with amazing textures, normal mapped everything and overall some of the most detailed character models you've ever seen. Top it off with the fact that there are hundreds of characters on screen at once, nearly every environmental object can be picked up and used, and other sweet effects like depth of field.

Hands down the best looking game I've ever seen on any system PERIOD.

but then again you guys are comparing two WAY different types games.  one having two central characters and very little else of interaction, while DR has all that twisted mentioned.

i agree though, of the two, DR is far more technically impressive.  im playing through the game now and i questioned if the in-game character models were as detailed as the models used during the real-time cut-scenes.  low and behold when you position the camera close enough to the character, you can see all the stunning detail just like the cut-scenes.  couple that with the hundreds (maybe up to 1k) characters on screen, physics, interactive environments, etc.  DR is clearly a site to behold.

dumdum

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Oct 11 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

apart from DR one more game with brilliant character graphics is TABBLE TENNIS ... have you played it ? if not do check it out ...

anyway i have and i think so i will always SUCK in these fighting games .... for the heck of it i checked the demo and i was like ... wtf ?? for me atleast the controls are hard .... block never seem to work for me ..... and i am trying to find "ANY" button on my pad ... i have A,X,Y and B but not "ANY" ( as demo suggest when i have to get outta trouble, since rest of the buttons on the controller dont seem to work so i guess i got a faulty controller ... those bas******s at M$ ) tongue.gif