xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tony Hawks - Project 8  (Read 631 times)

0nyx7

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:00 AM »

Hi there. I'm currently playing Tony Hawks Project 8 and i was wondering if anyone knew how to beat the Nyjah & Lyn-Z Pro Challenge, it doesnt seem to make any sense. I got past the first challenge where you have to be the first one to get to a certain amount of points, but the grafitti tag-table bit is totally random, can anyone help me here? Thanx

m_hael

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »

get into a combo, trick off the objects, if your score when you hit the piece is higher than theres AND you land the trick the piece is yours.

the best method is to do a couple of grinds on other stuff, get your multiplier up a little then hit as many objects in a run as possible.... Then I always hit flatland for 5 seconds or so to seal the deal.

personally didn't have any issues with this part... the next part however... took a LONG assed time.

X-Clusion

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

CODE
        _         ------------           ________      
      /           |     BUS   |         Double Rails    
     |             ------------          ________        
     |
     |            -------------
      \          |     BUS     |         ________    
       ---       --------------              Single rails

Then grind of the left of the table so you land on the rail, manual the top of the bus, grind curve, grind edge of bus, and jump to rail and land on platform

Paultje66

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

i'm also playing this game, but what exactly is a combo?? i need to land a 50.000 combi point? Can anyone give me tips?biggrin.gif

Jagsfan6116

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

a combo is when you link tricks together using Grinds/Manuals... get into grind.. press a bunch of buttons AA, BB, AB, YB ...... then land it.

That is easisest way for me to land big combos lol

Paultje66

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 03:20:00 AM »

finally i got a good combo using revert(when landing) and use manual right after that

But next question:

How do you enter the school. i have 2 tasks there but the security guard says that the school opens at 3.00

Paultje66

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

NM
i got it

oZKa

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

wow @ you not knowing how to combo huh.gif

Raging Walrus

• Archived User
Tony Hawks - Project 8
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 12:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lucaio @ Dec 14 2006, 10:04 AM) View Post

Gah! The Daewon Song Bus and Rail Puzzle challenge!!!!!

I can do the first part where you grind round the flag pole and land on the platform, but I can't do the other one where you have to wall plant the picnic table!!!!

Argh!! Somebody help please!!!

What I did was put the single rail at the beginning, place one bus in front of it, the other next to that bus, and the double rails in front of the bus next to the bus that's in front of the single rail. I grinded the single rail, grinded the right side of the first bus, jumped to the second bus, grinded the left part of the second bus, jump to the double rail (the one on the left), entered Focus mode (needs Special Meter filled up completely), jumped off and did either a No Comply or a Boneless (still in Focus mode) and kicked the bottom part of the picnic table. This was HARD! Perfected it with zero seconds on the clock too. Thank god I finished it!

I wish you could do story mode online with 7 players besides you. That should be in the 9th Tony Hawk. I mean, with all the Spot Challenges and those Sick achievements, why not have 8-player story mode online? I mean this could bring up new features: Online Story Mode, Online Crews with Online Story Mode, Crews in Offline Story Mode, Taking Over Turfs, and Create-A-Spot Challange!