xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting 100% On Hard In The Iceland Mission  (Read 556 times)

sosotiit

• Archived User
Getting 100% On Hard In The Iceland Mission
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »

There seems to be a bug, or something strange on the first mission, and the way the two guys before the silo detects absolutely every movement you make after you passed them and have already climbed the small ladder (before the silo)

I had not played it in a while and took me a while to remember it, but the way I got 100% on hard  is that after cutting the elec on the fence and going by the two guards, you go up the small ladder, then the first few steps after climbing the ladder near the silo is where they were always detecting me(turning red in the low/left screen).

Solution
-So after going by the second guy and when you get to the top of the small ladder, stop there.
-Equip the sticky cam, turn around facing the two guys you just passed, and look on your left in diagonal there is a metal housing between two electrical pillars, shoot the sticky cam on it.
-When the guy right under you is on your left (closer to the metal housing with the sticky cam, use it to make noise with the X button) and he will investigate.
-time to move to the top of the silo

Note that when you get to the top of the silo, if they do not return to their normal run but keep their flashlight on, and walk slowly in alert mode, no point in continuing if you want 100% stealth because you have been detected.

good luck
-soso

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

yeah I found getting 100% on the first mission to be nigh impossible... after cutting the power I would hide in the dark and the guy patrolling outside would come into the hut and stand in the doorway and just sit there indefinitely (no idea why or how this was happening).

Eventually I just said screw it can killed him by dragging him under the ice when I popped up. I got -15% for that... every level after that I've been able to get 100% on hard though. I'm on level 7 now...

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

Did not get that bug, but on hard I was hiding by the bed (on the other side of the fence) and just turning would be enough for the sleeping guard to detect me. So, after cutting the power, I would bring sam near the fence and have him go backward  in that area. That way, after the guard goes back to sleep I could just go forward (without having to turn).

Yeah, that first level intented as a training was not calibrated that well  biggrin.gif

-soso