xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Graphics Problems  (Read 224 times)

ydgmms

• Archived User
Graphics Problems
« on: December 04, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

Can anyone confirm for me if there exists a graphics problem with the game, or if my xbox is over heating.

I recently noticed some color blobs popping up on my screen. I can recreate it at times,l specifically on Library map when in split screen mode. It doesn't appear on single player mode in that map.

But as I walk around outside, at times i'll get these green/yellow/red blobs pop up. As I said, I can recreate it at times. On the side of the building when you start the map there are some columns (not the main entrace, but the side entrance near fire trucks). If I were to stand in front of the columns and move quickly left and right, I'll notice some blobs.

I have a feeling its a game problem, because as I said, I can recreate it. It only happens in split screen mode. I think it has tsomething to do with the flashing lights of the fire trucks and police cars.

Does anyone else notice this? I have seen it on a few other maps at random times. But I can always recreate it there.

FOr reference:

HItachi 47dj with laser tweak
nme 1.1

samsung sdreader
nec nd3550a.
memorex dvd+r dl

this happens on both my original and my backup.
(also noticed my backup is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter than the original)

The Juggler

• Archived User
Graphics Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

I have also noticed those.  They are like little flashes of colored light on the screen, right?
I was either playing Library or LVU Campus in split screen mode.
I only noticed them while playing Split Screen mode. They seemed to go away when I went back to single player or Live. My xbox also froze about 5 or 6 times that night. (and it's only frozen maybe one or two other times EVER in the past year).

I think it might have somehting to do with the Xbox overheating.  I'm guessing it has to run a little harder to handle the split screen mode.  I also happened to notice that there was a spare controller sitting behind my xbox blocking the fan.

Unmodded TS
Original Disc

ydgmms

• Archived User
Graphics Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:55:00 AM »

hmm i guess its just a game bug then. hope the patch fixes things like that.

i hope they add the ability to have up to four players on ONE xbox as everything claims it can.
i'd love to have 3 players playing terrorist hunt on one xbox in split screen mode.

or my friend and i on one xbox (2 live accounts) playing on live.. stupid ubisoft.