xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cheating On Live?  (Read 256 times)

The Juggler

• Archived User
Cheating On Live?
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

I was recently playing a game of RS Vegas.  I was shot and it said I was killed with the M3.  It struck me as odd because I saw his gun and it was a sniper and not a shottie. (plus he shot me from a decent distance).  now, I know the shotties have some pretty good range in the game, so when I went to switch my weapon to the M3, it said it had been restricted by the host.
So, how did this player shoot me with the M3 then?
Has anyone else seen this?

I have seen a glitch like that playing online in co-op mode.  A friend had pistol and a sniper.  But he kept saying he could not switch off his pistol.  Yet on my screen, it showed him switching back and forth. So he ended up having a pistol that looked like a sniper.

B-BALL

• Archived User
Cheating On Live?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »

The only problem ive been having in some gameso n live is when im close range to someone a whole magazine in the face of a auto-matic gun wont kill them some times (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

might just be me

The Juggler

• Archived User
Cheating On Live?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

Yeah. I've seen that too.  I blamed some of it on lag.  I shot someone in the back and watched my bullets go into the wall to the left.
This shotgun thing was obviously something different.  I'm even pretty sure i heard someone comment at the end of the match, "like my shotgun?" (and since all shotties were restricted...)
I'm tempted to play some co-op and see if I can recreate it.  Then save and go online without changing equipment.

VinnySem

• Archived User
Cheating On Live?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »

Ubisoft has a long-running history of making their games with multiplayer "glitches". Dating back to the PC days. And they don't ever patch them. With a modded 360 it's easy to cheat in their games by editing the resource files on the disk. Those files are usually not signed.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Cheating On Live?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

I accidentally figured out the grenade glitch in a restricted room last night and luckly since i don't agree with cheating never used them.... Told my friend who was hosting what happened and told him not to host anymore  frag restricted rooms in case someone else knew how to do it...  another friend said he saw shooting a M8 from behind the shield... I didn't get to see this because the guy that was doing it left the room before I could find him again.... I hate cheaters...  dry.gif

Boweveljoe

• Archived User
Cheating On Live?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »

Its REALLY easy to take advantage of the glitch

You set up your formats in your dressing room (recon, assualt, whatever the third one is)

and in the game when you die press x and then y to reset your weapons to one of your preexisting options

but i would not suggest doing this because mods just wait for you to kill someone with the illegal weapon and then boot your ass, so its usually not worth it. Unless the mod himself is a dirty cheater

sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire