xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My Xbox Broke My Graw  (Read 590 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

Ubisoft is required to replace it.

When you buy a game you are buying a lisence to the game. If it is poor packaging or scracthing you can get a new one from the publisher. They will probably say no at first but be persistant and you'll get it

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »

i dunno how to be persistant sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

but umm MS does replace pdz

it might be published by rare but ms replaces it (thats why you see the ms intro at start)

but i'll be honest and true and just hope for the best.

with me being the victim thats all i can say

lostboyz

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »

just call ubisofts support line, being persistant means hint at the fact that you know what your talking about and they will back down.

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 03:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Apr 16 2006, 03:18 AM) View Post

just call ubisofts support line, being persistant means hint at the fact that you know what your talking about and they will back down.

ok thanks. their support line is open on weekdays so i will call then

btw lostboyz i was always confused about your sig  huh.gif  what the hell is it

Lizard King

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 06:40:00 AM »

Well, I got Tomb Raider Legends and couldn't believe how tightly the disc was stuck on the case spindle. The spindle is unlike any I've seen before, no splits, so way to push it down to release the disc. I carefully flexed the disc up trying to free it from the spindle and I split the disc. I promptly took it back and got another.

Ever get a disc and have the disc rattling around in the case becasue it came off of the spindle? I'm guessing this is a two-fold effort to combat this and lower the price. My thinking is that the real problem lies in the shipper's carelessness in the former, but you can never correct that.

So, years ago I ordered a bunch of green DVD cases to match the Xbox ones - anyone know a good source to get ones to match the 360 ones? I'd like to just replace this cae to be done with it.

Greenpants200

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

Same thing happened to my call of duty.  I turned it off and then back on, apparantly too quickly, and when it wouldn't load I found a crack just like the one you explained.  I called MS and their rep essentially called me a liar, saying that it was "impossible" for the xbox to break a game like that.  Your best bet is to take it to wal-mart.  They replace most merchandise.

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

YES

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

well to conclude this i did these options

-called gamecrazy and told them and they wouldnt take it back regardless

-called walmart and didnt even get through to the video game departmen(bastards)

-ended up calling ubisoft and ordering a replacement that ended up sending me back 15 bucks

all in all i got another problem biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF EBGAMES OFFERS INSURANCE AFTER YOU BROUGHT THE GAME FROM ANOTHER PLACE???

thanks all

and Happy Gaming! smile.gif

antz1970

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

i had this same shit with nfsmw , i am very carefull with my games , my system is always in the lie down position , and it never gets moved , my game developed 2 cracks on the top surface on the disc , like they had happened when there was force used to put the game into the case(altho this was never the case) , the cracks got bigger until one day 2 or 3 achievments from completeing the game , it froze , the cracks had spread to the underside (im assuming the heat in the drive makes em worse) , anyway , short of it is that i was not happy @ losing a 50 quid game , so sadly i snapped it into small pieces in a rage lol

Vicious69

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(CAjr45 @ Apr 17 2006, 05:21 PM) View Post

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF EBGAMES OFFERS INSURANCE AFTER YOU BROUGHT THE GAME FROM ANOTHER PLACE???

This has me wondering if you could do this:  buy GRAW from EB w/ insurance, take it while it is still sealed to the place you originally bought the cracked one and get a refund.  Then, take your broken disc to EB and have them replace it.  Just a theory that may/may not work.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

well how did it 1st start to crack? did you not have it in tray properly before shutting it? somehow i don't think the drive cracked it sleep.gif unless it was misused....i can see it cracking if its not resting in its seat properly though

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vicious69 @ Apr 18 2006, 04:07 PM) View Post

This has me wondering if you could do this:  buy GRAW from EB w/ insurance, take it while it is still sealed to the place you originally bought the cracked one and get a refund.  Then, take your broken disc to EB and have them replace it.  Just a theory that may/may not work.

basically you mean

buy a new copy of graw with insurance (note i still have the cracked graw)

and SWITCH the discs (so you would have to open the case but EB still takes it back)

and take back the cracked disc and keep the new copy???

that seems like it would work without problem

well how did it 1st start to crack? did you not have it in tray properly before shutting it? somehow i don't think the drive cracked it  unless it was misused....i can see it cracking if its not resting in its seat properly though

im not sure but i played a few rounds before the freeze and hearing the skipping

and if i did put the disc in wrong (which i probably did millions of times but it still works perfectly) i dont see how it is my problem, MS provided me withdefective parts (from the disc not strong enough to the disc drive tray too big)

liv2ride

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

Personally, calling ubi should solve everything, Just tell them the disk was cracked upon arrival, and i'm sure they'll gladly send you a new one.. they have a pretty good rep, i'm sure it won't cut into their profits

Maverick0984

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

i personally find it very hard for the DVD drive to split a disk, so hard that i doubt anyone that says it....spliting is MUCH different than scratching like some of the earlier reports, but whatever.  

every last person who says the dvd drive split the disk, i'm sure was user error before the game ot in the drive at all.  There just isn't physically enough room in the drive for the disc to bend far enough for it to split...it bogglees my mind how someone could blame splitting of a disc on a dvd drive...

Vicious69

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(CAjr45 @ Apr 18 2006, 02:22 PM) View Post

basically you mean

buy a new copy of graw with insurance (note i still have the cracked graw)

and SWITCH the discs (so you would have to open the case but EB still takes it back)

and take back the cracked disc and keep the new copy???

that seems like it would work without problem

No.  What I mean is when you buy the game at EB, it should still be sealed (at least they are when I buy them at the one here).  You take the sealed one that you just bought back to Wal-Mart (or wherever the cracked one was purchased) and get a refund.  Then take the cracked disc back to EB and have them replace it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3