xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My Xbox Broke My Graw  (Read 588 times)

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« on: April 15, 2006, 01:26:00 AM »

^^^

when the map was loading (where disc sin really fast) it froze. so i took it out and i seen a crack in the disc coming from the middle and barely grazing the data part of the disc. so i chose to ignore it.

the next day when the map loads it freezes again and the crack got wider and the grazing got longer down the disc.

i was an idiot to not buy insurance on the game(the only one i didnt get insurance for)

you think if i phone up ms they'll replace my graw

take it in to mind that my 360! broke the disc not me so thats my alibi

any help would be greatly appreciated

VOlition

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »

Ofcourse they will, my friends Perfect Dark Zero got scratched carelessly and ms replaced it and I got it! Tell them your story, but do not however tell them that you moved your 360 position while playing the game!

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

phew thanks volition. your story took a load off my mind.

i wasnt moving my console. the disc is perfect no scratch i the world on it.

but a crack that is like internally inside the disc (you could bend it a little and see the crack sad.gif )

but thanks for your story. i'll call up MS and talk to them about it

VOlition

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

Their phone number is 1800-4MY-XBOX.

esc1

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foolio187 @ Apr 15 2006, 08:18 AM) View Post

the problem is that their bolted into the game case, really thought i was going to break tomb raider just getting it out for the first time.  some are easier than others pgr3 comes out of the case half-decent.

I've never had a problem getting a disc out of a case.  Press down in the center with your thumb and lift from the right edge or the disc.

tonloc79

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(esc1 @ Apr 15 2006, 06:08 PM) View Post

I've never had a problem getting a disc out of a case.  Press down in the center with your thumb and lift from the right edge or the disc.

Theres 2 different retail cases, 1 where all you gotta do is push and the other is wierd, its solid in the middle. I hear where hes comming from but just be gentle and itll come out. Another thing thats wierd is i bought MLB 06 and it was the easy to get out case but it locked up(froze in my 360 like everybody else)  so i exchanged it for the same game and it was the other type case.

CattyKid

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »

Yeah, it is sometimes pretty hard to get out of the case.  Another reason to want a mod... so we stop cracking our games! biggrin.gif

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Update: i still havent called MS yet but i have posted at ubi forums

some one says that MS cant replace games that they dont make and will probably end up giving me a launch title or something

i still havent called them but i want to make sure I have a garuntee i can get my graw replaced

thanks

VOlition

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

It won't hurt to call ms, just find out if they will replace graw or not.

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

im gonna be doing that pretty soon

thanks all for the help

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

well.. i just called them

MS says they can only replace my graw with PDZ(lucky volition  dry.gif ), kameo, and pgr3

and they said i'll have to call ubisoft and talk to them who im very fond of

deacon187

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

when did you purchase GRAW, do you still have the reciept ? some stores only offer 14 day returns on games but if you didnt buy it to long ago they should still give you a new one, or take it to wallmart without the reciept and they should give you a new copy of it or store credit if they dont have it in stock

CAjr45

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Apr 15 2006, 04:00 PM) View Post

when did you purchase GRAW, do you still have the reciept ? some stores only offer 14 day returns on games but if you didnt buy it to long ago they should still give you a new one, or take it to wallmart without the reciept and they should give you a new copy of it or store credit if they dont have it in stock

graw only came out about a month and a week ago

so i dunno how walmart is gonna take to that.

but if walmart is that understanding ill tell them i got it a week ago (the disc is in perfect condition) and you think they'll take it back? lol

VOlition

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

Ok, two plans either go to walmart and blame them why graw got scratched or get one of those 3 games MS offered. I think the three games MS offered are 59.99 cad therefor you can bring those games to walmart and return for credit. In the end you will lose ten bucks since graw is 69.99 cad, but I don't see anyother choice unless your a good debater! Good luck, and yes I am lucky  biggrin.gif .

Master X

• Archived User
My Xbox Broke My Graw
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(VOlition @ Apr 15 2006, 01:02 AM) View Post

Ofcourse they will, my friends Perfect Dark Zero got scratched carelessly and ms replaced it and I got it! Tell them your story, but do not however tell them that you moved your 360 position while playing the game!

MS will not replace it, they only replace games that are made from MS studios. They will probably give you Amped or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3