xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Droppped Connections On Live  (Read 192 times)

Dirkbox

• Archived User
Droppped Connections On Live
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

Playing the same as you last night and got booted 3 times in 40 mins i'm in NZ playing mates in UK.  

Using a D-link wireless ADSL router, never had problems before with any other game

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

Im having trouble too. Bought the game today, and so far, 2/2 games on live for me have dropped out within 20 seconds. Just says the game was closed, when it wasn't...

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

i get dropped a lot as well
sometimes b4 the game starts (not including kicks) and others after it starts.  i hope they patch

XBANDGUY

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

Two things on this.

(1) check your xbox live settings to make your "NAT" is set to OPEN.

(2) When you start a game tell everyone in the lobby to hold off on picking their gun until the game begins counter is less than 5 seconds. Picking your gun before everyone is in the game causes drops.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »

This has happened to me about 5 times today. I was first, had the most kills and the game just drops. It is really starting to piss me off hopefully they can fix this problem.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »

i get dropped a bunch but never during the game

i sure hope they patch, but the funny thing is that the first ghost recon, not sure on the second, had similar live quarks where you would have to ready up mute your mic, wait 10-15 seconds then start to minimize lag and being dropped. Odd that that would carry over

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »

Here are two things to do to avoid dropping. I host servers on a regular basis and find that these steps will avoid dropping players. Make sure everyones microphone is muted before you start the game, once the game has started they can unmute their microphones. If a new player joins you must wait 20 seconds before you start the game or they will be dropped.

SniperElite25

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(dirkoneill @ Mar 31 2006, 07:30 PM) View Post

I have been having a ton of trouble with dropped connections in xbox live. I will be playing private co-op missions and my friend always gets booted before we can even finish the mission. I also seem to drop out of most of the quick matches that I play too.

So I am interested to hear if anyone else had them as frequently or if it is just me. I also received the reconnecting screen a lot in halo 2 so I am wondering if it is my router. Maybe i'll head out to circuit city and give one a try.

yea i had same prob long time ago but now evrything is fine you have to change your N.A.T settings to OPEN not STRICT which is prob wot uv got it on  just test your xbox live settings on the dashbord -go network settings -test connection n see what it ses if ses STRICT big prob this will restrict your gaming ability (your probs)  ...... all you have to do is go on your routers web site and create a D.M.Z code for your IP address to follow ....(if i remember correctly)  yea it is kinda comple (hard) but if you search around forums like these youll soon find out how to fix....if u need more info or if that helped you in ne way PLZ AD MY GMRTG   SniperElite25   as id like to see how it went