xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Oblivion Or Graw  (Read 264 times)

BigPerm

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

Two totally diferent game types. I have both and find them equally good as far as graphics and gameplay go. And honestly I've never been a big RPG fan, but Oblivion is unbelievably cool.  Very deep as far as content goes and the replay value is through the roof.  The guide book is 300 pages and that doesn't even show everything.  Both great games and IMO must haves for the 360, just depends on which type you prefer.

trentdadi

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

For me, Oblivion is one of them games you could spend 200+ hours on and still not see everything.  But once I beat it, I probably wont pick it up again for a while or may just make a speed run or something but that will be it.  GRAW is something I wont spend as much time on probably but something I will always go back to just to play it some more.  Its incredibally fun and the most true to life shooter ive played.

miggidy

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

If you remotely like RPG's and or adventure games then you're going to fall in love with Oblivion.
Even though it's early in the year, this is the best game so far bar none.
It truly is a great game and one of the best RPG's I have ever played.

Don't get me wrong, GRAW is a great game as well.
If you're a Recon fan then you'll be in heaven with this one and you might like it more than Oblivion.
Let me tell you how good Recon is, I wasn't a fan of the series but its made a fan out of me.

Both games are great, and honestly you cannot go wrong buying either one.
Actually, I would consider it a crime if you didn't buy both :-)

But perhaps you only have enough money to buy one of the two.
If I had a gun pointing to my head I would go with Oblivion.
Obviously that's unrealistic. So if you don't have the money, I suggest selling your body or something laugh.gif

davinator456

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

BOTH!

handles25

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

I think im the only one on earth that has yet to get into Oblivion.  Its paced way too slow.  Try playing Geometry Wars then sticking in Oblivion, its like hitting a wall going 80.  I love GRAW.  I must say also though I have not had much time to spend on either game.

There is so much good gaming to be had at the moment.  Just picked up GOW for ps2(19.99), still into Guitar Hero, got that surgery game on DS, playing through Half Life 2 on computer for the 8th time(must own for Xbox if your PC cant run it).  Good time to be a gamer.

I dont even think Ive cracked 300 gamer points.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »

for some single player fun, Oblivion will keep you busy for a loooong time

for multiplayer awesomness, GRAW will definately stay on the top of peoples list for a long while

IllusiveX

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

unsure.gif  ive become an Oblivion Addict  love.gif  and GRAW is also amazing when i set Oblivion down. Id say got both of them u cant go wrong with having both thats all i can say  tongue.gif

Tie Wrap

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 11:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(JethroTul @ Mar 28 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

as topic says... I have COD2 and Condemned and am all the time playing on LIVE COD2 maybe its an addiction biggrin.gif. Have pre ordered Tombraider which I should get next week hopefully or the week after and was thinking if I should get as well GRAW or Oblivion...

any suggestions ?

different games but both is a great game. cant choose one to loose.  i would say go for both. get oblivion first while its hot and save one for graw. not a bad idea huh?

Master X

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

If you are looking for hours of fun gameplay I would suggest getting Oblivion. GRAW gets fairly boring after playing it for a few days. I myself have them both and I play Oblivion alot more than GRAW. Once I am finished up with Oblivion I will probably go back to GRAW and beat campaign on hard to get all those achievements. Get Oblivion, GRAW can wait tongue.gif

chynk

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(JethroTul @ Mar 29 2006, 02:49 PM) View Post

I think I will get both then smile.gif GRAW we have it here locally..Oblivion need to wait or else order it from UK. Next weeks comes Lara back to life so an rpg will have for sure smile.gif  Thanks guys for the ideas

it really depends on what type of gamer you are. i personally didnt enjoy GRAW (too technical) that much but im addicted to oblivion (takes lots of patience in the beginning). but since youre getting both, you can decide for yourself.

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

I'm glad I came across this thread.....I've been holding out on getting a new game since nothing really piqued my interest.  I'll be getting a copy of Oblivion right away!

Dalpura

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »

I will agree on get both.

You got a 360, spoil yourself even more. I know I have/do/will.  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

pingrr

• Archived User
Oblivion Or Graw
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 05:52:00 AM »

I just got oblivion yesterday and will be tading it in tomorrow.  I played it for about 3 hours and all I did was spend most of the time wondering around or getting thrown in jail.  I have never realy played very many RPG in the past.  So maybe this just isn't my style of game.

I would recomend GRAW