xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finished G.r.a.w.? Post Your Thoughts And Highlights!  (Read 381 times)

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
Finished G.r.a.w.? Post Your Thoughts And Highlights!
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »

I just finished GRAW today and well I must say it's the most fun I've had playing thru a single player campaign in a while.  Once I got used to the controls in the first mission I could not stop playing.  This game is damn addicting.  The combination of intense action, near death struggles and beautiful graphics makes this a must have, or least try.

Highlight:  In the quaterback mission when I was in the construction area near the suspended highway, I was hiding behind a small stack of cinderblocks.  I thought, cool I'll just cover hear and pick off all the baddies.  Boy was I surprised when the baddies shot most of the cinderblocks that I was using for cover and exposed me.  I ran like hell and barely survived.  

Dissapointing:  *Spoiler* (Kind of  tongue.gif ) I was kinda dissappointed with the last boss battle, if you can call it that.  Carlos was actually one of the first guys I picked off.  I thought cool got him, but when I realized that was it, I was slightly dissappointed.

joeyddr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

loved every aspect of it, start to finish, but yes the last guy was pretty easy. Now its time to finish it on hard and hopefully its as difficult as cod2 vet. Although this gives me more time for online fun. laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(joeyddr @ Mar 14 2006, 08:08 AM) View Post

loved every aspect of it, start to finish, but yes the last guy was pretty easy. Now its time to finish it on hard and hopefully its as difficult as cod2 vet. Although this gives me more time for online fun. laugh.gif

its not as difficult as Vet CoD 2. Im progressing thru the game on both Normal and Hard at the same time, I piggyback the missions when I beat them. On Normal I use the games soundtrack and listen to the chatter taking place. On Hard I disable the music and start streaming my own soundtrack, makes for a good time smile.gif I already love every part of the game and will actually be sad when its over sad.gif Awesome game for Lan parties too, but that was a given from the beginning.

Rumble Roses cant get here soon enough,  ahem err I mean Oblivion  jester.gif

speaking of Oblivion, listening to the soundtrack right now, sweet delight smile.gif

shamsulaswad

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

i don't even realized i have killed carlos on the last mission. propably my antitank gunner killed him with a bazooka while i was busy aiming at any red icon on the screen. dry.gif

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(shamsulaswad @ Mar 14 2006, 12:31 PM) View Post

i don't even realized i have killed carlos on the last mission.

I was a little shocked also.  But I love this game all the same and now it's time to play online and die as many times as I kill! cool.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

Just because it was mentioned I'll ask a quick side note about Lan parties.  

We had a 16 man crew for last Sat. night, and we were all pumped up for GRAW multiplayer, and discovered a major problem with the split screen action.

Even with the cross com turned off, the screen is soooooo busy with everything else in the HUD that actually seeing what's going on is the hardest part of playing.  

Does anyone know how to get rid of some of the stuff?

PS>I have about 3 or 4 missions left in SP, and I'm loving every minute of it.   I can't wait to finish and try it on Hard to see what I've been missing. . .

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

well the purpose of a lan party, other than having a blast, is so that everyone has their own system and their own screen, getting rid of the split screen fiasco.

I dont think theres a way to remove any of the hud, I could be wrong.

How many systems did you have in attendance? Next time try as many people as 360s and play without the shrunken views.

Mikeizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(scooby_dooby @ Mar 15 2006, 06:20 PM) View Post

I haven't finished it yet, but major highlights so far are

a) chopper on chopper 3-way action, fuck that was fun
cool.gif when you blow up the radio tower, and the fucker falls right over and almost crushes you, very cool....getting out of that situation to teh extraction point was also a major bitch.

Yea man, that happend to me too. I was so low on ammo. I kept dying and finally got it on like the 6th or 10th try lol. I was down to a friggin pistol, and got so damn lucky.

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

all around fun game.  i'm helping a friend go through it now and it is just as fun watching as it was to actually play it.  i enjoyed any mission that i could run around with my pistol and just cap people left and right.  or any spot where i could sneak up on someone and just pop them in the back with a couple of bullets.  i agree that the end is way too quick/easy.  i was like whoa, wtf how is it over.  but i was also happy to be done with it.  i'm going to go through (co-op, hopefully) and get some multiplayer achievements and then i might go back to dominate the game on hard.  great game.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

Quick question, whats the purpose of your "stats". I try to have a higher statistic points but when I get injured or shot, they go down. Sometimes I will even have negative points! Is this something to watch out for?

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »

i actually didn't even mean to kill the guy at the end, i had a team member shoot the tower cause there were a bunch of guys there while i focused on another area, and all of the sudden, i won for seemingly no reason at all....haha

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

when the embassy exploded on the second level or whatever it was, scared the shit out of me. Had the volume up high and wasnt expecting it at all because one of my teamates just gave the all clear.

great game, very immersive

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

I like the part where that small tower building blew up and fell down.  The mission over the rooftops was fun until the end when I couldn't get a tank to shoot one guy for 20 minutes.  biggrin.gif

cmart*

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

Great game..beat it twice  dont really play it much anymore though