xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graw No Gun Fp?  (Read 382 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Graw No Gun Fp?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Mar 10 2006, 04:57 PM) View Post

Deftech i answer your questions and posts with courtesy. Whats up? Heres my history: I've played through all the past recons (love them), i love this one as well, i knew that a gun wouldn't be available for the 360 and was simply asking if anyone here had heard why on the 360 it was absent. Simple as that, because i was curious and alot of you guys are more informed than me. thats why i'm posting this question. thanks for the help.

without turning this into an argument, you just proved my point.

You say you played thru all past recons and loved them, but today you say the 360 version not showing a gun is, and I quote..

What a disappointment!!! Hells Bells man.

I just didnt understand why you loved them all but find this as a disappointment after spending 6 years of playing past recons and never seeing a gun on your screen.

Go to Ubis official forums and start a thread and inquire  pop.gif

Back to Recon!

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Graw No Gun Fp?
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 10 2006, 04:28 PM) View Post

without turning this into an argument, you just proved my point.

You say you played thru all past recons and loved them, but today you say the 360 version not showing a gun is, and I quote..
I just didnt understand why you loved them all but find this as a disappointment after spending 6 years of playing past recons and never seeing a gun on your screen.

Go to Ubis official forums and start a thread and inquire  pop.gif

Back to Recon!

no problem and no argument from me. i should have been more explicit in my post. I have a preference for fps with guns showing and in no way does this take away from this game. onward and upward. let's play!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Graw No Gun Fp?
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

My guess is that GRAW was built around a 3rd person perspective/experience, and the 1st person perspective was just an add on, and thereby they didn't want to take time that would be needed in adding differnet gun graphics and animation, and chose to focus development time else where with the 3rd person perspective in mind.

richie579

• Archived User
Graw No Gun Fp?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

the guy who runs 360insider speculated that maybe the gun in fp is gone to get a better frame rate, like he used to do in Quake 2 in old pc days...I also figured, hey GR FP never showed a gun anyway...different developers probably, COD2 BRO on XBOX, you get lean controls, the real COD2 on 360, ya don't...probably a design choice from different developers unsure.gif

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Graw No Gun Fp?
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

i can understand where he is comming from , since at  last years e 3 trailer did show the gun whenever u would aim and then switch back to 3rd person( which seem to take up  alot of  the screen in my opinion), but i can also understand def argument since no ghost reccon in the past had the gun when in fp .
Pages: 1 [2]