xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Graw Dissapointments  (Read 654 times)

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

Two complaints abou tthe single player.

no1 ) Campaign was short (at least on normal). And Carlos Ontiveros' voice acting was crap... Also the last mission was EASY! I mean REAL EASY.

no2) Ghost AI is kinda crappy. Not too bad (ive seen worst) but at times they just dont grasp ideas like not moving into my line of fire, and moving from cover to cover...also, why the HECK are they soooooo inacurate. Ive had a ghost stand about 3-4 meters away from an oponent and just keep firing at him with a rifle without even hiting him ONCE!!!

One complain about the MP:

Spawn camping, which is fucking lame. There's a solution, and an easy one... Keep the fire-inhibition timer at 3 seconds after respawn, but set the invulnerability timer to 4 seconds. This way you can fire at the spawn camper before he can kill you. Just my 2 cents.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

Yeah. It's enjoyable with buds (I play with a bunch of people regularly), but it doesn't get me hooked nor is there any incentive for me to start playing other than the fact that I have it.
It's fun with people you know, don't get me wrong, but there's no 'mmph' or anything that gets you hooked.
It's my 'online game' for now, and, while I feel as if I don't 'want' to play it while my 360 is powered off, I do spend a couple of hours every now and then playing with buds online, so it's not worthless in the entertainment department.
If someone stole it, I wouldn't mind that much, other than the fact that I could've sold it and gotten money for it.

I used to play Graw for hours the first week I had it. I remember playing two nights until 4:00 am, but it's just gotten a bit duller every time I play.

I still think it's a great game, fun, and a quality title -- but it's dry.
I'll see if I end up not having any fun at all online with those that I play with. If so, I 'may' try to sell it back to EbGames.

There is some fun to have in this title, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I don't wake up in the morning thinking 'hey, I wanna play Graw'.

davemire

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Mar 20 2006, 07:17 AM) View Post

I might trade my copy in for oblivion today. The multiplayer doesn't do it for me, and that's what I was really looking forward to. I think I'm spoiled on halo 2 and splinter cell. Oh well.

Yeah, mine is going in for Oblivion as well. It's the reason I bought the 360 and it's going to be the only game I own until Prey or Gears of War comes out (or something good). Sad I have owned the system since it came out and the only thing I have played through was Condemned. Though I have been meaning to pick up PGR3.

Sad, sad, sad.. but the long wait is over and I can tuck myself away and play Oblivion... well between work tongue.gif

Master X

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

Game kicks ass! I do not know what the hell some of you guys are talking about. Ya sure the controls take a while to get used to but once you get the hang of it you will love GRAW.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Mar 20 2006, 10:23 AM) View Post

Game kicks ass! I do not know what the hell some of you guys are talking about. Ya sure the controls take a while to get used to but once you get the hang of it you will love GRAW.

I agree completely. This game is such a great showcase of the 360 power. This game is why I/we got the new generation system. Taken as whole, no previous shooter on any system even compares. I can't imagine being disappointed in the quality and feel sorry that others don't see it, like many of us who do. We all have different opinions on games, but hearing that some have already or are going to trade this in after only a week and half since its release, is madness in my opinion. sad.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Mar 20 2006, 11:50 AM) View Post
This game is such a great showcase of the 360 power.
Then why is this "next-gen" console game using primitive A.I.?

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Mar 20 2006, 11:23 AM) View Post

Then why is this "next-gen" console game using primitive A.I.?

The AI isnt the best, but that alone doesn't disqualify a title does it? Certainly not in my book. The quality in the SP is amazing for almost all aspects of the game, and the AI issues we can live with just fine.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Mar 20 2006, 11:56 AM) View Post

I liked it. The game was an overall blast. I had a lot of fun, but my three squadmates were of no use to me. Read the "experiment" I performed on the last level (hard).

Post #33 in this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3307303

Yep I read your post. The squad would have been better served with either the ability to control any of the ghosts, or not at all, ala COD2.

spinr34

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

i honestly have tried to get into past clancy games but was never able to. however, graw is a complete different story.  it feels like it has the right combination of strategy/covert-op/run & gun and is fun as hell to play.  i don't know about previous GR games but if you could control helicopters and tanks in that one too then i just missed out.  i love it when you can control the apache and blow everything to hell.  only thing that annoys me is my team will do stupid things but i think it's just that i don't really know how to control them smile.gif  great game though.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Mar 20 2006, 05:23 PM) View Post

I know the controls very well, and probably more about the gametypes and the actual game than half of the people I play with (what are those letters beside my name? How do you play bounty hunter? Why are the ranks different for some countries?) and I also do VERY well with those I play with. I usually score with 2x more kills than deaths (sometimes 3x, sometimes 1.5x) and I never finished a game with more deaths than kills. I grasp the game very well but, as some have said, it's just not my cup o' tea. I'd rather trade it in while it's worth something than force myself to play and have fun that will diminish steeply in the next few weeks.
I've played too much Socom 2 in the past. As you may or may not know, Socom and the GR series have VERY different tactical aspects. Nothing wrong with that, nothing at all.

It is a very good game, but I'm probably going to trade it in for Oblivion.

You think they'll take the game and let me trade it in for Oblivion - slim to no cost??

Master X

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Mar 20 2006, 12:53 PM) View Post

I know the controls very well, and probably more about the gametypes and the actual game than half of the people I play with (what are those letters beside my name? How do you play bounty hunter? Why are the ranks different for some countries?) and I also do VERY well with those I play with. I usually score with 2x more kills than deaths (sometimes 3x, sometimes 1.5x) and I never finished a game with more deaths than kills. I grasp the game very well but, as some have said, it's just not my cup o' tea. I'd rather trade it in while it's worth something than force myself to play and have fun that will diminish steeply in the next few weeks.
I've played too much Socom 2 in the past. As you may or may not know, Socom and the GR series have VERY different tactical aspects. Nothing wrong with that, nothing at all.

It is a very good game, but I'm probably going to trade it in for Oblivion.

You think they'll take the game and let me trade it in for Oblivion - slim to no cost??

I have not tried out online yet because I only started single player last night and couldnt get away from it. I completely love GRAW and I think that is the best from the rest of the GR series. Ya sure the AI sucks but thats why you need to command those retards. Just put them behind a wall and they will be fine. I agree that they could have worked on the AI a little more but they have spent most of the time on the graphics and the gameplay and it was well worth it. I experienced a few errors in GRAW also. While I was doing training I couldnt get by commanding them from the Radar Menu or whatever it is called, I had to delete my save and restart all over again but hey I can never see the US Embassy blow up too many time biggrin.gif I wont be buying Oblivion for a while until I am finished with this bad ass.  

Oh and I doubt that they will let you trade in GRAW for Oblivion with no cost at all. Give it a try though they will probably charge you 10-25 dollars.

fastTOE

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

the best thing to do with the AI is just use them like the UAV,.... keep em around, send up into the unknown lands ahead to get a "badguy count," hopefully they last a few battles, but if not.... oh well, like you all have been saying, not losing much

usually when i use them this way i get through awhile with them,..... just never heal them yourself,.... always send another AI to heal, and if they both die, again....OH WELL.....but thas just me.....

Fredro

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 02:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Mar 20 2006, 01:12 AM) View Post

One complain about the MP:

Spawn camping, which is fucking lame. There's a solution, and an easy one... Keep the fire-inhibition timer at 3 seconds after respawn, but set the invulnerability timer to 4 seconds. This way you can fire at the spawn camper before he can kill you. Just my 2 cents.

i hear you. its really bad in GRAW. ive played a couple games with whole teams just hanging around the spawn areas racking up kills.

i'll have to try some other gametypes though.

Master X

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(davinator456 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

i prefer just to shoot the AI friendlies right off the bat.  put those miserable bastards out of the wayt from the start.

laugh.gif I was finishing off a mission yesterday and it turns out that the AI does suck that bad. They killed me a few times when I commanded them to destroy a truck.

esc1

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

The pros greatly outweigh the cons, but I will list them regardless.

My only dislikes are some mp aspects.  You can't rename custom gametypes and are limited to five.  The game stats are weak.  Where's my hit percentage and head shots?  Respawn locations are too close in most areas.  Finding a quick game has put me in a game that is already in progress every single time.  If I'm going to have to wait on people to finish at least let me watch some of the action.  If the host drops so does everyone.  Switching to grenades shouldn't take so long imo.  Been stuck on a turrent a couple of times.  If you really needed to use them that would be a tremendous problem.  

Not being able to clinge to walls in mp doesn't bother me.  It would make it a campers game.  Plus not all maps are built for it.  I love how you can set your default marksman, auto rifle, grenader, etc default.  That is really good thinking ubisoft.  Lag hasn't been an issue.  Hit boxes seem alright.  Not perfect, but good enough.  All the weapons are nice.  Game is beautiful.  Interface is clean.  Finally a game that pull me away from Halo2.   happy.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4