xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Graw Dissapointments  (Read 656 times)

sp4zzj4zz

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

My only complaint so far is the aim sensitivity. Not that its too slow or too fast, but the fact that it's not very smooth, or fluid. It just seems very shakey and rough to me, like PDZ. It's hard for me to get totally absorbed into a game if I'm not comfortable with the controls.

Deftech

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Category 5 @ Mar 10 2006, 11:21 PM) View Post

...although it makes you fear enemy fire a hell of a lot morethan in COD2 or some other game where a few bullets don't matter much.

You havent played CoD 2 on veteran. 1 or 2 bullets means you will be starting over  ph34r.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

i tried cod2 on veteran.. not fun ... not fun...  to me anyways.    biggrin.gif

IllusiveX

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Mar 11 2006, 03:00 AM) View Post

you have a wide screen TV dont you? so you dont have the black bars and the squished screen while playing single player lol

huh.gif  lol i dont kno what your talkin about man its all in widescreen for me lol

oasis_007

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

No 'legacy' or 'southpaw' controls....way to go UbiSoft!  No $60 for you.
 mad.gif

boxrocker

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Mar 10 2006, 09:09 PM) View Post

humans can only spin in circles so fast

Yeah, but when you are in the heat of battle, you'll look around as fast a possible to try and find your enemies.  It's good to move nice and slow when you are covert, but when some Mexican pops you just because you can only concentrate on one person at a time, it kinda sucks.  In real life, when you are looking from left to right and know exactly where you want to look, you don't make it one fluid movement.  

All they had to do was give us the choice.

davemire

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Justaren @ Mar 10 2006, 04:44 PM) View Post

that guy who made this thread....is GAY....yea i said it....he must not like games....hahhaa

and if you wanna come at me..go ahead and play me online.....hahaha

It was only a matter of time until the dumb witted babble fitting of a six-year old came up. Hence the reason I don't play Halo 2 online anymore...

On another note I got to play around with the game more on the weekend and I am more satisfied with the game. The way the gun fires is something you just need to get used to. I still get stuck on the walls, yes after pushing 'y', maybe that button isn't working properly I don't know. Could not be pushing it hard enough. But the game seems really good, can't wait to play it more.

And I have played and beat ninja gaiden and all the expansions, at least that I have seen. So it's not just simple frustration at a difficult game.. Loll

Deftech

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

Ive never got stuck on a wall, hmmm.

Thats saying something as Im playing on both difficulties and progressing thru the game that way. 14 missions and no problems, other than the dumbass ghosts Im stuck with  laugh.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

My biggest disappointment is my teammates on single player. Their A.I. must be set to I.U. (infinitely useless). How difficult is it to duck? Even when I set their attack mode to "Recon," they fully expose themselves and fire standing up. When they're getting shot, they just stay there and take it. Then they cry, "I've been hit!" The only time I use the "regroup" command (down on d-pad) is after I've cleared the board of enemies, and it's safe for them to walk freely.

In the last level, it starts off with a bunch of guys firing at you. I send my guys to a safe location around the corner, and then I proceed to kill all the enemies in the area without their aid. Done. Now that the area is clear, I'll send my guys to another safe spot where they can shoot without being harmed. Done. I'll leave one guy standing (after I've shot him up a bit) and think to myself, "I have three fully healthy teammates. They can surely make themselves useful by taking out one Mexican with 30% energy left." Wrong. That crippled Mexican (regular soldier not gunner or marksman) will take out those useless ghosts in a few shots. I'll stand there incredulous. One guy with 30% energy and a simple assault rifle managed to take out a rifleman, a gunner, and an anti-tank ghost without blinking.

When those idiots engage that guy, there are no obstacles between them. It's a wide open space where it seems the Mexican has no chance of survival. After he slaughters the morons, I'll emerge and shoot him from a massive distance, with the pistol mind you, and he falls dead.

I get sick and tired of going to revive some nitwit computer teammate because he wasn't programmed with basic defensive skills. It's gotten to the point where I just let them die. Fuck them. They're just holding me back. In the last five or six levels that I finished, I've just let them die. I've felt no need to revive them. That's why it's annoying to me when I have to go to the truck and get new teammates.

I can go through all the levels by myself without the so-called "aid" of the other ghosts. What makes this game challenging is keeping those dumbasses alive. Once you realize that there's no penalty when they die, you can bulldoze through the game, and it's a breeze. I'm going through the game on hard first, so when I go through on normal, since there aren't any consequences for killing them, I'll start the levels by killing my teammates. They serve no useful purpose in this game. Ubisoft should have taken lessons from the guys at Pandemic (Full Spectrum Warrior), and let us have control of each of our ghosts.

The other thing that bugs me is that there is no life outside of you and the Mexicans. There are no civilians to be found anywhere. There aren't even cars driving by at any point. It's just us against them without the risk of killing an innocent civilian.

And lastly, it's a very short game. I've been playing it in very short bursts because I don't want to feel like I wasted my $60. Of course, I still feel like I did. The game's fun as hell, don't get me wrong, but you can rent it in the morning, beat it, and return it after lunch.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

And lastly, it's a very short game. I've been playing it in very short bursts because I don't want to feel like I wasted my $60. Of course, I still feel like I did. The game's fun as hell, don't get me wrong, but you can rent it in the morning, beat it, and return it after lunch.
[/quote]

Yeah but you don't pay $60 just for the single player. If that was the case, they there is no need to buy any of the 360 games thus far. Since you can beat them all in a matter of days. You buy them for the online replay value...

unclepauly

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

If you can get a decent squad on multi-player the online is good. By yourself with no one to watch your back tastes like an *ass sandwich though. You turn slow as **molassey.

*not very tasty.

**very slow.

jizmo

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 05:18:00 AM »

I played the game to fourth level and felt a little meh about it. Two days ago I gave it two more hours and while it was ok on most parts, it never managed to amaze me and get me hooked, so I sold it away yesterday, while it's still worth something.

I didn't have any problems with sticking to walls, and the gameplay was ok all in all. Framerate in bigger showdowns let a lot to be desired, and many textures were pretty darn low-res when you leaned on them. The animations were quite nicely done which added to the realism. Also, I felt the single player movement a bit restricting (there's always this one 'tunnel' you have to follow) and the enemies AI was a bit puzzling from time to time. Sometimes the enemies didn't notice me standing right next to them, and on the other levels they spotted me from 150m away, while I was crawling in a bush at the night time.

All in all an o.k game, just wasn't my cup of tea.

BTW, did anyone notice that when shooting the guys in lookout towers, they sometimes fall down to ground insanely fast, like zip and they're instantly on the ground fifteen meters below? biggrin.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 06:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Mar 19 2006, 07:25 AM) View Post
...the enemies AI was a bit puzzling from time to time. Sometimes the enemies didn't notice me standing right next to them, and on the other levels they spotted me from 150m away, while I was crawling in a bush at the night time.
laugh.gif I hear ya!

For ghosts that are supposed to be quite and invisible, why are those loud and obvious "shooting-from-the-helicopter" sections in the game? I'm not complaining because it's a lot fun firing from the helicopter, but it's weird that "ghosts" would make such a commotion. blink.gif Would they then be upgraded to poltergeist status? IPB Image J/K

Satanic Sheep

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »

I loved the Single Player, I'm not a fan of these type of games but couldn't put this one down.  I encountered a few bugs but nothing that spoilt my overall enjoyment.

Online is a different matter though, it's rubbish.  Connections are usually poor and I dislike how you can't stick to walls, it just plays like a standard 3rd person shooter with 1 shot kills.

morgan06

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

I've never been a fan of this series, but I picked this up after all the hype.

Went through the tutorials, no complaints in controls. I've played alot of FPS games, and am used to getting stuck on things and buttons not working under frenzied tapping.

Didn't even get past the trainyard in the second level, and put the controller down.

The game got dusty for a few days. Then I got my network card and live setup. This game has been reborn and is once again allowed to sleep inside the house. Great multiplayer modes, regardless of who you get stuck with, or who is lagging out the game or getting disconnected every so often. All of that should be a commonly accepted fact of life to ANYONE who has played games over the internet.

Regardless of my lack of interest in the single player mode or even being a virgin to the Clancy games, online play has come a long way since kali.net and I will be shooting as long as there is someone to shoot at.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4