xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Graw Dissapointments  (Read 653 times)

davemire

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

I must say that I have played all the ghost recon games and I was super excited to get this game. But I am left unimpressed. The game looks great, sounds awesome, and the idea is great. But I find the gameplay and control far to cumbersome. I like the idea of being able to hug the wall, but I find myself getting jammed onto it far too often. Also the control layout doesn't seem exactly intuitive (I am aware it can be modified). And lastly the response to situations seems awful. The gun always has a delay before firing (it isn't reloading) the bad guys can see you from three buildings away looking the other direction and pick out out laying on the groud under a bush. Like come on. That just ruins the whole thing for me. It isn't realistic at all. I like the fact that, based on realism, that certain weapons can shoot through walls. But when an enemy sees you through a wall on a plain that is about ten feet lower than you, impossible for him to see you, he can hit you through the wall guessing and do considerable damage or death. It's just way to far fetched. The game is a technical marvel, but it is a terrible play experience. I loved the other ghost games, I love rainbow six, but this one is going on ebay.

It's too bad.....

P.S. I posted this within another thread, by accident clicked the wrong button.

and yes I am aware of the typo in the titles, comes with typing to fast without paying attention...lol

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(davemire @ Mar 10 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

I must say that I have played all the ghost recon games and I was super excited to get this game. But I am left unimpressed. The game looks great, sounds awesome, and the idea is great. But I find the gameplay and control far to cumbersome. I like the idea of being able to hug the wall, but I find myself getting jammed onto it far too often. Also the control layout doesn't seem exactly intuitive (I am aware it can be modified). And lastly the response to situations seems awful. The gun always has a delay before firing (it isn't reloading) the bad guys can see you from three buildings away looking the other direction and pick out out laying on the groud under a bush. Like come on. That just ruins the whole thing for me. It isn't realistic at all. I like the fact that, based on realism, that certain weapons can shoot through walls. But when an enemy sees you through a wall on a plain that is about ten feet lower than you, impossible for him to see you, he can hit you through the wall guessing and do considerable damage or death. It's just way to far fetched. The game is a technical marvel, but it is a terrible play experience. I loved the other ghost games, I love rainbow six, but this one is going on ebay.

It's too bad.....
P.S. I posted this within another thread, by accident clicked the wrong button.

and yes I am aware of the typo in the titles, comes with typing to fast without paying attention...lol

Sorry to hear you have these gripes. My experience so far has been the complete opposite. I found the hugging the wall part to be very realistic, if you want to disengage, simply hit the Y. I agree the controls aren't perfect for everyone, and do take awhile to adjust. The gun delay that you spoke of I have noticed as well, but I've found that depressing the trigger fully remedies that, whereas a partial depress, won't start the firing. I chalk that up to a possible realism issue with these types of weapons, and think that was done on purpose. As far as the enemy catching you offguard and knowing your position, thats simply an issue of knowing all the gadgets at your disposal. This is a highly tactical game, and you need to progress slowly and with great caution. You will always be outmanned as this is a small mobile attack unit. Make use of your maps/layouts, uav, chopper and vehicles first before moving into hostile territory, this has helped me immensely. The first few levels I was a bumbling, stumbling fool, but I slowed it down and became more tactical in my thinking. Give this game a second chance, if you have the patience, because in my opinion its the best.

Rubix42

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

I haven't experienced any enemies shooting me through walls yet, but they sure do know their way around better than I do!

I chalk it up to them being Mexicans fighting in Mexico City.  The know the lay of the land, and I don't even speak Spanish. . .

Anyways, if you go slow and take your time to peek around walls, you should get the hang of it.  It just has a much different feel than other games.

davemire

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Mar 10 2006, 11:28 AM) View Post

Sorry to hear you have these gripes. My experience so far has been the complete opposite. I found the hugging the wall part to be very realistic, if you want to disengage, simply hit the Y. I agree the controls aren't perfect for everyone, and do take awhile to adjust. The gun delay that you spoke of I have noticed as well, but I've found that depressing the trigger fully remedies that, whereas a partial depress, won't start the firing. I chalk that up to a possible realism issue with these types of weapons, and think that was done on purpose. As far as the enemy catching you offguard and knowing your position, thats simply an issue of knowing all the gadgets at your disposal. This is a highly tactical game, and you need to progress slowly and with great caution. You will always be outmanned as this is a small mobile attack unit. Make use of your maps/layouts, uav, chopper and vehicles first before moving into hostile territory, this has helped me immensely. The first few levels I was a bumbling, stumbling fool, but I slowed it down and became more tactical in my thinking. Give this game a second chance, if you have the patience, because in my opinion its the best.

I do intend to give it a second chance, but it just doesn't seem like I am in control which for me immediately breaks the sense of realism. I am a huge Clancy fan so I will give it a second go, I have only dedicated about an hour or so to it.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

ill give you $10 and 3 sporks for it then... biggrin.gif

im so poor this month, and fully jealous of you with the game

mitch2025

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

the only dissapointment i have is the widescreen only singleplayer. other than that i see nothing not to like

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Mar 10 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

the only dissapointment i have is the widescreen only singleplayer. other than that i see nothing not to like

Sorry, I don't understand what your saying there. ???

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(yakpimp @ Mar 10 2006, 11:27 AM) View Post

its not a big deal, but every game I have been in so far on the red team my teammates are dumb, and continually teamkill.

Damn this makes me mad.

Are they teamkilling because they are that stupid that after the first time around you see yourself in red which means your team will light up in red? I guess they must be total retards imagine them playing COD and being the German team do they Kill all the Nazi's before realizing those were their teamates. Or are they teamkilling just to be complete assholes? I had a couple of those Wednesday night, I gave them a bad reply on their Gamertag and they were placed in the pool of Gamertags that will be avoided when I'm finding a room.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

well, i gotta say that the red team diamonds is very misleading, specially after playing right after some single player, where the enemies are in red.  and besides, EVERY mp game that has enemy indicators has them as RED enemies.....even PDZ where you are on a red team, enemies are red still.  

so, after a friend and I BOTH played some single player, hopped on mp, we both were under the impression that the red diamonds were enemies, and ended up killing each other until we figured it out at the end of the game.  kinda weird if you are used to fps and red enemies.  

please, its not a stupidity thing.  i mean, who ever thought of green enemies?? or torquoise?  effing weird, but once you get used to it its not a big deal at all.  i'm sure this is the case with many new players to this game

curiouscharles

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

My biggest (and probably only) gripe with GRAW is with the game-finding in multiplayer. I spent 25 minutes last night just searching for a game that wasn't already in progress and that I wouldn't have to wait for the round to end to play in. Why on earth does it put you into games that are already in progress, why can't it just do like Halo 2 does and put you in a lobby that hasn't started yet...so frustrating, I really hope they find some way to patch this.
I've considered the possibility that it's because not enough people are playing it on live (as compared to Halo 2), and in that case there's not much they can do; but if it isn't because of that then I hope other people are annoyed by this as well.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

I haven't had many problems finding a ranked game... I usually do a quick game or whatever and the most i've had to wait is 5 mins... get in a lobby and we wait til the teams are even and launch... maybe 10 mins tops from loggin on to playing a good game...  huh.gif

deacon187

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

they must be just simply stupid because at checking my map to see which way to go on my first multyplayer game on red team i could easily see that my whole was red as the fact blue in no way possible could advance that far that quick, it seems common sense is a huge lack these days

boxrocker

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

Is there not a way to change the look sensitivity?  This is way toooo slow for me.

mitch2025

• Archived User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Mar 10 2006, 03:48 PM) View Post

Sorry, I don't understand what your saying there. ???

you have a wide screen TV dont you? so you dont have the black bars and the squished screen while playing single player lol

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Graw Dissapointments
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Mar 11 2006, 02:17 AM) View Post

Is there not a way to change the look sensitivity?  This is way toooo slow for me.

humans can only spin in circles so fast
Pages: [1] 2 3 4