xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Friends In Ranked Games!  (Read 244 times)

woofis

• Archived User
No Friends In Ranked Games!
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

the game is awsome dont get me wrong. but wtf are they thinking when you cant play ranked games with your friends... its such a hassle making a private chat then telling your friends when your game is up....i feel that its most important to play ranked with people you play with and get good with each other... this is my only complaint so far on the game. wink.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »

That totally makes sense, dude.  If friends are playing in ranked games, it makes it easier to rank up by cheating, because you can just have a friend lose everytime, while you just rank up, or vice versa.  Ranked games shouldn't be against friends, they should be only against people who are always actually trying.  Not to say that friends don't try to beat each other, but it will allow less unfair ranking up.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

can you play online with four friends at all, like halo 2 has "training" so you can play with four guests?

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

you can set up either public or private games allowing you to play with your friends.. wich would be like cusom or training games in halo 2... but ranked games you cannot invite your friends to play.. i guess your right about the cheating thing but i still say my point makes a good contaversy... o well.. im ranked 732 in the world.. not bad for the first day haha.

edit: just reread you post and yes you can have guests in to play non ranked games.

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Mar 8 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

That totally makes sense, dude.  If friends are playing in ranked games, it makes it easier to rank up by cheating, because you can just have a friend lose everytime, while you just rank up, or vice versa.  Ranked games shouldn't be against friends, they should be only against people who are always actually trying.  Not to say that friends don't try to beat each other, but it will allow less unfair ranking up.

And thats why more developers have to follow what Bungie did and have a setup ranked matchmaking where its easy to play with friends and there is no user controlled host.  I wonder when they'll learn  rolleyes.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

I was very pissed about this when I went to play ranked last night.  You can't cheat if you are forced to play on the same team. . .

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

That's not very nice. In Halo 2, you could play ranked with a friend unless the friend was playing on your console as a guest.

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 08:04:00 AM »

they should make it so that if its a 4vs4 match that you can invite 3 of your friends in and they are forced to be on your team... its a simple fix but i highly doubt they will do it...

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

I was just thinking about this and had a thought.

What if you private chat with your boy and let him know which game you are joining from the search screen.

Do you think this would work?

Or host a game and they can search for it by game type and join?  If the took out invites, I highly doubt they took the time to program it so your game won't show on your friends search.

I won't be able to try this until tonight, so someone give it a shot and let me know.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Mar 9 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post

I was just thinking about this and had a thought.

What if you private chat with your boy and let him know which game you are joining from the search screen.

Do you think this would work?

Or host a game and they can search for it by game type and join?  If the took out invites, I highly doubt they took the time to program it so your game won't show on your friends search.

I won't be able to try this until tonight, so someone give it a shot and let me know.

Me and a friend tried this we thought if we could get another friend in he'd be able to invite or others could join him... so I would create a game that had really weird settings... weird # of players gametype etc.... had my friend search the exact setting and it would come back 0 games found... I don't know I hope someone finds a workaround... it sucks to base a game on teamwork and strategy and then take out the people you work best with... of course I know I can play custom player matches... but I wanna play some ranked with my homies..  dry.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

Well, once you find the room, can't you just stay in there?

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

well i set up a private chat with my friends and let them know i was hosting. at that time they searched and found me hosting...it doesnt always bring me up but after like 6-10 tried it usually finds me..o well. the incredible gameplay maks up for this i guess... dry.gif

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Mar 8 2006, 07:44 PM) View Post

FRiends should be able to play, period. Who says friends don't play by the rules? Nobody I play with. The whole point to Live in my opinion, is playing with or against friends while playing in our own homes. Cheaters know who they are, and what does it really matter if you don't get the 'highest ranking'. Big Woop. Just my 2 coppers.

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

while i do somewhat agree with you, i feel that rankings to some people do mean something....there are many ways to let your friends in ranked games but not making them cheat... forcing your friends on your team is just 1 of the ways... halo2 is a current gen title and in my opinion has the best online setup..