xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Official Graw Thread  (Read 1005 times)

Category 5

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« on: March 08, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

As far as songle player goes, I love the graphics.  They look great.  THe HDR looks cool, although I think they may have gone a little bit overboard with it.  Sometimes you go from bright white to pitch black, and the human eye is more responsive than that.  Luckily you can adjust brightness.

Dislikes -

1 - I said it before release, and now I'll say it after release.  I can't believe they would release such a gorgeous game with such a hideous case of tearing.  What happened to vsync.  The tearing is nil in some parts, and in others it simply removes the illusion of smooth motion completely.  When you are on the helicopter the tearing is so pronounced it looks like you are under water or something.  Major foul IMO.

2 - The controls sometimes feel really sticky, and it is difficult to make small adjustments.  Maybe it takes some getting used to, but COD2 was silky smooth, and very easy to control.

3 - It seems like the drone is a hit or miss type of device.  At first when it had me try to locate ramirez it was literally a crap shoot.  Luckily the command found him and sent us to the right place.

Likes -

1 - I love the depth of control.  Once you get used to it it seems as though it would be really intuitive to move around without even thinking about it.

2 - the graphics.  need I say more.

3 - The sound is incredible.  This is an area that truly feels upgraded.  The sound is now part of how you navigate which is awesome.

4 - the color shifts that give you intensity regarding situational feedback.  very cool, and very intensifying.

5 - The connection of levels by the chopper stages.

6 - It's ghost recon.  Although so far the playability is diminished from the original titles.  The lack of smooth control and amount of frame tearing really pull me out of the simulation.

So for those who sworre I was overreacting by pointing out the tearing before release...and those who assured me it would be absent from the final release, the tearing is about as bad and worse than I imagined.  In some spots even worse than PD0.

Sorry for the bitching.  The motion issues are really a major letdown for me.  I get annoyed after about an hour of play.

Oh yeah, what happened to FREE anti-aliasing?  I remember reading that every game should have it, and so far I haven't seen any.  You'll still find your jaggies here.

Deftech

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »

Seeing as people are posting Graw comments in atleast 3 threads, figured we could start one that doesnt deal with the release day  biggrin.gif

Let me start it off by saying its amazing, well worth the $60.00, and well worth the wait!

14 of 62 people on my Friends list are on Live, and ALL are playing GRAW beerchug.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

I'll probably get the game tomorrow. Don't know aobut Live, though. I want to have it subscribed with a credit card so I can buy other stuff too without getting point cards. In other words, I'll wait a very short while until I get my Gold account going. Unitl then, I may run on a trial account.

This post has been edited by Carlo210: Mar 9 2006, 12:22 AM

MadEx

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

Other postings here are just about peoples issues and whatnot.

Here's a post just saying: holy crap, this game is fuckin nice!

Only the first level and I'm just so impressed already. Animation and graphics are so fluid, the music durring tension is fitting and the controls are really good. I as expecting the aiming to be blocky and unprecise, but none of that here!

Back to my game smile.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

and I was about to say that I hardly notice the tearing, lol

it doesnt detract from the presentation one but in my opinion. But it did irritate me in PD zero, go figure.

I love it all, they did a commendable job by delaying it and polishing a game up that primarily runs on ancient dev kits. Ive posted too much in the last 10 minutes, Im ignoring the game, adios!!!!

Umm, I dont think Ive seen any jaggies yet. I havent looked but they havent jumped out at me either, so thats also a non issue, and coming from me, that means a lot  jester.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496121

you posted 1 minute after me  laugh.gif

back 2 the game!!

Crystal Ice

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

Fun game, got it at like 10 o clock this morning and have been playing all day

davinator456

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

this game is most definitely sweet.

holly hell i couldnt imagine anyone having a perfect gamer score on this game, at least not for a LONG LONG time that is.

the thunder at the dry docks made me jump.

the ghraphics are pretty damn good, and the game play is the sh%t.

I dont have xblive gold, but the game came with 48 hour trial card, which is great b/c im going out of town in 2 days, ill be back in a week, and ill have a paycheck to renew live at that time.

anyway- im off to a meeting, then do some homework, then play GRAW all night long

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

I got off work at 3:00 today and picked up my reserved copy and here I sit playing it.

Excellent game. I havent tried the multi but once I throughly destroy the campaign Ill have at it.

Also Hard is where its at. biggrin.gif

Tripme

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

AHHH, Im trying so hard to get this game by days end.

Best buy is telling me i cant get it even though it is in their inventory and game stop is out of them.......

CRAP

drummin82

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Mar 8 2006, 06:19 PM) View Post

I'll probably get the game tomorrow. Don't know aobut Live, though. I want to have it subscribed with a credit card so I can buy other stuff too without getting point cards. In other words, I'll wait a very short while until I get my Gold account going. Unitl then, I may run on a trial account.

I got a two day trial with mine, so you could at least try it out for two days if you got the card with it.

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

I'm sure to get this game later on today as Gamestop has my reservation.

If anyone is interested in joining up to kick some butt you have my Gamertag!

See you all in the WARZONE

penguin318

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

money well spent, gonna check out the MP later if anyone wants to hit me up just add X-S to your FR  beerchug.gif

Druggedpolak

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

definitely worth it! Graphics are amazing and nightvision is super realistic. I love it when you arer in the chopper and u look left and u could see the pilots and great detail. This game is addicting and is imho the best strategic game. I love it. Still havent played on live though. I just cant play any games for more than 2 hours like i used to, i just get bored of every game for some reason now.
 jester.gif

Advance forward!!!

deacon187

• Archived User
Official Graw Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

my first 2 games were full of lag but i guess it could of been the host connection problem or something, LOL it was only 4 of us

so far the only gripe i have is i joined a solo match and there was 8 peeps playing and as i move around i seem to move at such a pace but as im trying to shoot someone its as if they are moving 4X faster than i am

but hopefully everyone will start using this thread since near  every single topic on the front page is nothing but GRAW

i took a break to eat, im gonna give another go at in a few minutes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7