xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recon Developer Diaries On Marketplace  (Read 126 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Recon Developer Diaries On Marketplace
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

Topic says it all

pop.gif

titansfan2104

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

on the marketplace go get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RalliArtEvo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

a demo would be sweet, but at least the game will be out within a week!!

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

Not to bring you down at all... but CoD2 JUST got a demo and that was 3 months ago.  I think demos come out on a resource dependant schedule, and they are really trying to get that game out ASAP.

Justaren

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

weather it comes tonight or tomorrow night or maybe never cause in 8 days the game will come out...

i think its a smart move for ubi not actually putting a demo out...have players actually buying the game to really see what the hype is all bout...cause if demo is downloaded....players will have mixed feelings and they will jump on battlefield modern combat when it comes out on april... so i guess time will tell...

but until then... back to FNR3 and COD2

korn00

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 2 2006, 12:53 AM) View Post

Wow....
I hope they're not putting the video up because the demo's not ready yet dry.gif

Don't flame me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the demo ends up on the next OXM disk instead mad.gif

I just recieved the April OXM (Disc#56) and the demo is not on there.  The xbox360 demos are Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Full Auto, Kameo, King Kong and Quake 4...all on one disc!!!  Yawn...............

We will all have the retail version of this game before we get the May issue of OXM...why is it that I subscribed to this magazine???

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(korn00 @ Mar 1 2006, 07:22 PM) View Post

I just recieved the April OXM (Disc#56) and the demo is not on there.  The xbox360 demos are Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Full Auto, Kameo, King Kong and Quake 4...all on one disc!!!  Yawn...............

We will all have the retail version of this game before we get the May issue of OXM...why is it that I subscribed to this magazine???

I haven't got mine yet but that's pretty lame  dry.gif

they could at least include something they haven't included on a past disc yet like NFS MW

Anyway, considering GRAW's popularity I wouldn't be surprised if the demo came out AFTER the game's been out for a while. GRAW is the kind of game that will sell well on it's release based on it's own merits the demo would be a kick in the pants to fence sitters week(s) after the game's been out.

The Outfit is more likely to have a demo out, because it's not nearly anticipated as much and not part of a fully developed franchise.

basically what I'm saying is a demo for GRAW pre-release wouldn't do much for sales, but one a few weeks after release would add a bit of a boost once the initial excitement begins to subside.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

I think having a pre game release demo may have brought back some of the UBI fans that were pissed about lockdown... I have a friend that refuses to buy UBI ... boy he's gonna miss out....

Moleman

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

Man, this is fucking annoying.  Why have a demo when you've already bought it?  Oh well, I'll just rent it from Gamefly and buy it for cheap.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

i wouldnt think a demo before the game would turn people away, it should only help sales, besides its like movie trailers, the movie can suck but the scenes they show you rock and make you want to see, then afterwards your like, WFT what a waste

if anyone is that skeptacal about buying a game just rent it, if i have to ask myself should i buy it or not, then i definatly rent it first, at least now i do with the damn resale price of 360 games are not even worth have of what you payed for the game.  when i bought madden 06 on xbox for 49.99, when i traded it in for madden on the 360, i still got 36.00 store credit for it, then i go to trade in nba live on 360 that i payed 65.00 after tax and they only offer me 27.00 WTF

but anyway i was really looking foward to the demo showing up before the release of the game, im still buying regardless but i think all demo's should be ready and out in the market place before the games are, wouldnt that be the point of it being a demo, if someone was gonna buy a game and then the demo turned them away, fine, what about how we feel when we pay full price and the game sucks, and as soon as you open it, it depreciates just like a brand new car off the lot, do the devlopers care about that

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Ubisoft is looking at the bottomline on this matter. Whatever brings them the most games sold that is what they are going to do. Their forecasts must show the releasing a demo after the game is out will bring them more sales if the demo is to be release earlier. The parameters involved are what percentage of 360 owners are buying this game. Costs to release a demo prior to release compare to after release. It's stuff like this that they look into before making a decision.