xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Graw Preview Hands On (again)  (Read 240 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Graw Preview Hands On (again)
« on: February 14, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

I just hope it has more than 4 total coop maps(someone told me it was limited to 4). Im only buying it for that mode of play.

With the other Recons, ALL maps were coop-able, whether it was Firefight or Mission mode. If this is different and its only 4 maps total that offer coop, its staying on the shelf  sad.gif

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 15 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

I just hope it has more than 4 total coop maps(someone told me it was limited to 4). Im only buying it for that mode of play.

With the other Recons, ALL maps were coop-able, whether it was Firefight or Mission mode. If this is different and its only 4 maps total that offer coop, its staying on the shelf  sad.gif

Don't lie to us, we know how it is.  You'll but it no matter what, you've been amped about this game since '99 before there was even a FAT-X file system.

nectar12

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

With the other Recons, ALL maps were coop-able, whether it was Firefight or Mission mode. If this is different and its only 4 maps total that offer coop, its staying on the shelf sad.gif

from what i understood from an interview on gamespot, all maps in the single player campaign have co-op, and there is a completley different campaign for co-op only which takes place after the SP campaign.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(nectar12 @ Feb 15 2006, 01:28 AM) View Post

from what i understood from an interview on gamespot, all maps in the single player campaign have co-op, and there is a completley different campaign for co-op only which takes place after the SP campaign.

I see. So a generic coop being all the SP maps, and special made maps(very few) tailored for coop. I can deal with that smile.gif

Thanks.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

not to be a downer but i have read newer reports saying that they wont have online co-op during the single player missions and that their are only 4 co-op missions, however you can also play co-op during any of the multiplayer maps.  what i dont understand is that its been said that you must complete the story mode in order to get the 4 co-op missions.  wouldnt that mean that their are NO co-op maps in the beginning?  i have read both sides of the story that their will be co-op and their wont be for the single player missions, i only hope there is because that is a huge reason why im getting the game.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

Anyone know if it will support 4 player split screen for 16 player Lan parties on 4 T.V.'s?

mathias

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

is there a set date yet for this damn game?

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(scooby_dooby @ Feb 15 2006, 11:21 AM) View Post

yep, they actually had 2 different developers design the missions, so co-op is basically a whole new game with multiplayer maps, brilliant idea adds tons of replayability.

Ok, I looked up an interview, it's basically a unlockable co-op campaign, set in nicaragua that you can play after finishing the main game, + 10 multiplayer maps

"IGN: How does the co-op work? What kinds of options do you have?

Christian Allen: Well, you can play Co-Op with up to 16 players with up to four per Xbox 360. There are customizable Co-op modes that are available on each of the 10 multiplayer maps, and a unique Co-Op campaign mode, allowing you to take on all new missions designed specifically for cooperative play, which takes place after the single player campaign ends.

IGN: Can you play the whole thing offline and online?

Christian Allen: While the Mexico City campaign is only available in single player, all of the multiplayer maps are available in Co-Op game modes, and once you finish the single player game, you are ready to start the new Co-Op campaign, set in Nicaragua."
http://xbox360.ign.c...7/687911p2.html

that is what i was afraid of.  call me picky or maybe just a long time fan but i still wish that the single player missions were co-op.  im sure the co-op specific missions are great but there are only 4 of them and playing co-op on the MP maps doesnt sound that appealing.  as many more options that they are giving us, they should have kept the previous options like playing single player campaign on co-op.  hopefully they will add further co-op missions faster then they did for SC:CT

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

having the multiplayer maps in coop is better than none, dont depress me ok?

biggrin.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Feb 15 2006, 01:29 PM) View Post

I don't see anything wrong with this.
The game basically has two modes, one offline and the other online.
The multiplayer maps are pulled from the co-op mode.

At least that's the way I look at it.
Personally I think this is a better approach.
You can use the single player offline campain to sort of polish your skills.
You beat the single player mode and then you're ready to test your skills online....

not exactly, the MP maps are built for MP, then you have co-op missions built for co-op, but you can also play some sort of co-op games (like terrorist hunt) on the maps built for MP.  now my main issue is that while modes like terrorist hunt are fine for a quick co-op fix, but the main appeal to me with the previous games was to perform the objectives with a team of friend on the harder diffaculty levels.  im sure the 4 levels they give us is great but its almost a step backwards when you go by the number of levels for co-op, maybe they can add it in a game update similar to what Rare is doing with Kameo.

loserkid182

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(mathias @ Feb 15 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

is there a set date yet for this damn game?

March 9th - US

March 10th - UK booked the day off work for a looong weekend wink.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Feb 15 2006, 05:10 PM) View Post

Oh I see.
But if I'm not mistaking, the previous Ghost games never offered any MP modes right?
If so then Ubisoft probably feels that they have given you some kind of a trade of between the two modes.
Would you rather have no MP mode and all the co-op options instead?
I think this might come down to personal taste between gamers.

And you're right, I'm sure Ubisoft has something up their sleeve for Ghost vets who love their co-op.

no all of the previous GR games have offered both maps for MP and the single player missions for co-op modes.  other then small options and variations, they offered more in the way of co-op then what is going to come.  ill still love the game but i hope its not as bad as im thinking.

CAjr45

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

i heard in one of the reviews of the game, theres a mention about a seperate co-op online. ut then again it could be like an additional 4-5 missions for the singleplayer

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

True that!
There's been an expansion for both the other Ghost games.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(scooby_dooby @ Feb 15 2006, 08:31 PM) View Post

not exactly exactly. The co-op missions are also built off of multiplayer maps. When creating the 4 CO-OP missions, they used MP maps and added the objectives and stuff, so you can expect the co-op mission based levels to be much larger and much more expansive than previous GR games.

no, the MP levels vary in location, while the 4 co-op specific are set in Nicaragua.  also while the MP levels are large and intricate, the co-op levels are said to be really HUGE, with one taking over 45 minutes to complete.  when i read that you can play co-op on the MP missions, i think they just allow you to play modes like terrorist hunt and such through them but they dont actually have assigned objectives to them where on the co-op campaign they do.  

i understand what you are saying and i like the idea of having specified co-op modes but i believe that they should have atleast given us the option to play single player missions on co-op since we have grown used to and fond of it in the past.  more is always marrier i guess.  im staying optimistic though and i know ill love the game regardless.
Pages: [1] 2