xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Graw Hands On Single Player Campaign  (Read 183 times)

redwolf

• Archived User
Graw Hands On Single Player Campaign
« on: February 14, 2006, 03:56:00 AM »

nice find  smile.gif

i just hope its not Halo's "fast-paced" cos thats how they fucked up RS3: Lockdown  ph34r.gif

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

Holy  crap that vid is HOT HOT HOT!!! It looks like the game's gona have a KICKASS single player experience as well...

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

dry.gif  leave it to ubisoft to make me buy more games using all their fancy programming and gameplay designs.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

i read the preview last night.  the only thing i didnt agree with, and i know its all opinion and based on perception, is that they dont think the final game reaches the video shown last year at E3.  IMHO i think it looks better then that early footage, except for the lack of an onscreen gun, and has more of a realistic edge to it.  again you will have people who favor the current look and those who want was shown at E3.  other then that a lot of good news was said in the article.  i swear i dont think i can read or see any more of this game, i need it now.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

First off, I'm very much looking forward to this game and have been drooling at the screens. But I just find it amazing they don't have a gun on screen in 1st person. That is such a faux pas in the FPS genre, and it does take something away from the game, even if it is miniscule, when looking at the game as a whole.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Category 5 @ Feb 14 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

PLEASE ENABLE VSYNC IN THIS!!!!

...so it doesn't look like a bad transmission like Perfect Dark and NFS MW.  The tearing is looking awful...when everything else is so incredible!  To me this is like putting $40 tires on a Ferrari.  Make THE WHOLE GAME next gen...not just the graphics, but the animation too.

Sorry for being ignorant, but what are you saying in layman's terms? Thanks

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Feb 14 2006, 07:40 PM) View Post

Sorry for being ignorant, but what are you saying in layman's terms? Thanks

Vertical Synchronization

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=485245
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vsync

this explains some this gaming tech terms biggrin.gif
http://www.geeks.com...ips-16JUN05.htm

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Feb 14 2006, 12:08 PM) View Post

Thank you. I think I get the gist of it now.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

I hope there is VSYNC......

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

honestly, even though it was an issue for some while playing PDZ, i think i may have noticed it only once while playing through the single player, so hopefully it wont be an issue in GRAW.  while its nice to have, i dont think its so "black and white" as to have v-sync on or off, especially with the new hardware that developers are still coming to grips with.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

Is this 'tearing' common on consoles? I just can't picture what this looks like. Is this something easily overlooked or not easily seen? I hope I'm not one of those people who can't see these imperfections, only cause I don't like to miss stuff.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Feb 14 2006, 04:18 PM) View Post

Is this 'tearing' common on consoles? I just can't picture what this looks like. Is this something easily overlooked or not easily seen? I hope I'm not one of those people who can't see these imperfections, only cause I don't like to miss stuff.

its not hard to miss but it bothers people on different levels.  like i said before i only noticed it maybe once while playing through PDZ and that was a big issue with the game.

my question though is what kind performance hit, if any, does V-sync  create?  from what i understand, no v-sync allows the framerate to match the refresh rate of the monitor while a v-sync controls a set frame rate.  so if that is all there is to it, why dont devs just enable v-sync and allow a set framerate?  if its 60fps great, if its 30 then that is still great for an action/shooter game.  im sure im missing something out of all of this because the achieved frame rate cant be controlled just like that.  maybe i should search for and read over again M_heals explanation of frame rates and v-sync.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

Yeah, I didnt really notice it in PDZ. I only saw it a few times in the first level after that it was I didnt notice any tearing. The thing is PDZ didnt have good graphics and GRAW has awesome graphics. Tearing wont look good on a realistic looking game rather then PDZ's shitty cartoon like graphics. It wont effect me that much but I know some people are really picky happy.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

I noticed it in pd zero right away.

tearing is almost as bad as jaggies IMO.

grr.gif

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

I would rather have tearing then having jaggies.
Pages: [1] 2