xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Graw Shortage  (Read 138 times)

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(tommyphat @ Feb 9 2006, 01:56 PM) View Post

Does anyone think that there might be a shortage of this game on launch date?  I am worried that people who reserved it a long time ago will still buy it even if their 360 hasn't come in yet.  I guess we'll see.

I don't think I've ever heard of a shortage of games in all my years of gaming.  Pressing off a million discs is alot easier than turning out a million 360's.  sleep.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

unless a game is being pressed in small numbers (Panzer Dragoon Saga), you wont have any trouble finding the game

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

yeah aside from purposely limited runs (like limited editions/special offers) I've never heard of a game shortage in all my years of gaming.

"game shortages" are fables told by EB and Gamestop employees to sell you pre-orders

themadman123

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

Yeah, remember when everyone in the world pre-ordered Halo 2?

I walked into like two diffrent best buys and a circut city on Nov. 9th and they all had way more copies than they could sell.....

There isn't gonna be any shorage of that game. seeing as still not that many people have a 360 either.

Master X

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

Don't bother pre ordering it also, all the idiots who pre ordered from EB games are going to have to wait while stores like Best Buy will have loads of copies.

BanjoK

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

EB and GS employees are not stupid. Those employees work at extremely greedy companies. Those companies know that they can get away with it because the average person is too stupid to do anything about it.

Master X

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

Yeah, like Banjok said they arent stupid they are just trying to make money.

wonton2112

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(trey85stang @ Feb 10 2006, 03:47 AM) View Post

Last gaming shortage I recall was Super Mario Bros 2, and Zelda a link to the past.   But that was some kind of chip supply problem.

I remember being 8 years old going with my father waiting for a store to open to get Mario Brothers 2!  And I have a different opinion on pre-ordering.  Pre-ordering is useful if 1. you're already planning on buying the game.  and 2. they give you a cool little pre-order gift thing.  I got a cool megaman anniversary edition shirt because i pre-ordered it!  A few other goodies too!

~Wonton2112

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

I don't know about nationwide shortages, but citywide shortages happen all the time.  I remember when I picked up my pre-ordered copy of Zelda64 I had people offering me over $100 for it on my way out.  Halo2 was also in short supply when released here.

Rubix42

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

I just opened a game store, and we have been taking pre-order's for games.  I think that people don't think there will be a shortage, but they love having their name on one of the ones we have coming in.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

Hey I'm gonna pre-order every game... I have a pre-order in for Full Auto at Gamecrazy because you were supposed to get a free faceplate for pre-ordering... so as soon as my faceplate comes in I'm switching it to The Outfit (it's supposed to have a special faceplate for pre-order as well) Haven't heard if GRAW has one... but if so I'll stick my $5 that stays in their system for this type of thing....lol... either way I'll prolly run to BB or something on release to get it  biggrin.gif

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

I am one of those stupid folks who actually pre-ordered GR-AW and GOW at Gamestop. Although more and more I' finding out that a shortage will not occur on any game specially now that not that many gamers owns a 360.

My opinion on the small Gaming Store is the following. Although Gamestop and EB Games are considered by some to be greedy, I feel that it's more of an inventory issue. Small stores such as this cannot operate if they have high amounts of un-sold inventory. They do not have the cash to make big purchases and wait for a long period of time to sell them. This is why they take pre-orders in order to have control on how many copies of a game to order. Unlike BBY or the Targets of the world where pretty much they can order an unlimited amount of copies and whatever they are not able to sell, they can be returned to the supplier for a small restocking fee.

In my case it does not bother me pre-ordering a game cause you can reserve with as little as $5 and in case you do buy the game somewhere else Gamestop will return your money or just switch it to another upcoming game.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Graw Shortage
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(wonton2112 @ Feb 10 2006, 09:33 AM) View Post

Pre-ordering is useful if 1. you're already planning on buying the game.  and 2. they give you a cool little pre-order gift thing.  I got a cool megaman anniversary edition shirt because i pre-ordered it!  A few other goodies too!

while i don't think there will be any shortage, i agree with what you said about preorders. there was nothing more annoying then the army of "I didn't preorder my system in time so preordering is stupid" advocates when the 360 came out. preordering isn't the evil thing they made it out to be. i have gotten quite a few cool things from pre ordering (ninja gaiden black shirt, street fighter 2 20th aniversery shirt, DOA4 calender, full auto 360 face plate etc.) i'd say pre order if you can find some kind of promising freebie with a preorder, and if it doesn't, then preorder or don't, whatever your personal prefference is. i personally like knowing my game will be instock no questions asked