xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ign Has Their Hands On Ghost Recon  (Read 113 times)

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
Ign Has Their Hands On Ghost Recon
« on: January 25, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

that article got me so much more excited about this game

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

good find smile.gif

yeah...them lucky bastards. hope we get some demo soon  dry.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

from the sounds of it there will be very little you cant do on live

well from playing the first two GR's youll get your ass kicked if you run and gun, generally the radar was motion anyway.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Justaren @ Jan 25 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post

the only im gonna hate bout this game is the people that play run N gun....im a SIM player...tactical and stragety is my power...hahaha i hope we can create clan or teams...on xlive...it would be so dope..

Enter the Friends List that *should* contain people that play to suit your needs in certain games. I never play on public servers. I think I may have played publicly 3 times since Live launched over 3 years ago, its terrible and a waste of time IMO. I didnt even like it for mayhem types like Halo 3. Surround yourself by players that expect the same and you wont have a better time beerchug.gif

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

hope there is option to turn off the rader thingy (red outline of enemy), that will be F***ed on multiplayer mode. you can see them when they are behind cover or in dark etc.   dry.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

I'm sure they wont force the red triangle on us for MP.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

In GR1 you could look at the map and enemies only showed up on radar if they were shooting near you or were in line of sight of one of your teamates. it was a lot of fun to look at the map hiding and telling your teamates where enemies were

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

You could disable the map I believe. I remember playing with the same 11 people everynight, and they'd be shouting out directions as to where the enemy was and I had no clue how they got that info. I never turn on maps/radars. That and auto aim are the first things I disable in games if its an Option. I didnt even use the one in CoD 2 showing Objective directions. I got lost in one while Kage was over, and I looked at him and mentioned I was backpedalling. He pointed to the Objectives on the screen  laugh.gif I played all Russian battles and part of a British one without even knowing that was on the screen, hahaha. The Tomb Raider in me checks every inch of every map, in every game I play. Thats why I can make a Splinter Cell last months, and Fable last 40 hours beerchug.gif

Plus I like my screen less cluttered. People have come over and watched me play a game only to ask where the hud is. If I can remove parts of it, its gone.