xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Ghost Recon 3 Pics  (Read 119 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Here are three new shots of the XBox360 version of the new Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. This is one of the most anticipated games for the new console, with the online multiplayer promising to be one of the most popular Xbox Live games to gate. Shots look great as usual. Click on the news title for the screens.

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/1016/

IPB Image

lookin good if you ask me.  one thing im kind of dissapointed about is the lack of an on-screen gun during the first-person-mode like it was originally shown at last years E3.  can not wait until this game comes out, between this and oblivion i may not see the sun for a while  tongue.gif

revs

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

I think this is the game that swayed me into buying a Xbox 360 biggrin.gif

Looks ace

Master X

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

Looks nice but I hope that they remove the jaggies.

Deftech

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

To make sure we are looking at the same *3* pictures, could you point out jaggies in each of them? Maybe my eyesight is going bad, but they look smooth to me.

I hope this doesnt lead 2 confusing jaggies(lack of AA), with environment geometry like it has in the past  laugh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

i really hope we get some new videos and high resolution pics soon.  its getting old trying to accurately judge how the game will look by blurry low detail pics.  what is the latest estimated launch day anyways?  march?

Master X

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

Check out the guys suit there are some jaggies there.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

You are BullfrogFuckingCrazy if you see jaggies in there.  Perhaps you have access to some 720p versions because I don't see any in these small pics.  

Too bad I don't like squad type games because this looks like its HOT.  Now how about that gameplay...?

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

I don't konw what Jaggies is but this game looks great! This is the whole reason why I converted from A PS Fan to XB fan back in 2005.

redwolf

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jan 19 2006, 07:15 PM) View Post

To make sure we are looking at the same *3* pictures, could you point out jaggies in each of them? Maybe my eyesight is going bad, but they look smooth to me.

I hope this doesnt lead 2 confusing jaggies(lack of AA), with environment geometry like it has in the past  laugh.gif

yeah i don't see no jaggy either, normally i would bitch if i see jaggy. but them shots are really small/low resolution and static. you can't really tell.

anyways, as mention of environment, will this game have jungles... all the shots i seen so far are like in city (middle east land scape).  huh.gif

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Jan 19 2006, 10:39 PM) View Post

I don't konw what Jaggies is but this game looks great! This is the whole reason why I converted from A PS Fan to XB fan back in 2005.
lol PS2 games are FULL of jaggys even compared to Xbox1, for you it's normal  laugh.gif

anyways, good thing you don't know and keep it that way wink.gif

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

[quote name='redwolf' date='Jan 19 2006, 12:49 PM' post='3197130']

revs

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

I like cities - so this will be ace smile.gif

Always play the small city maps in battlefront 2.

For outdoor/jungle etc I think we need to wait for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Joergen

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

I think thats about as much of the blur filter I can stomach. If you still see jaggies then this game has no hope because the blur would be too much. Those arent even 720p images but downscaled and blurred to eliminate jaggies.

If screens dont fit your browser window, you might want to learn to push the + symbol or the four arrow box to scale up the image  rolleyes.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Jan 19 2006, 06:39 PM) View Post

I think thats about as much of the blur filter I can stomach. If you still see jaggies then this game has no hope because the blur would be too much. Those arent even 720p images but downscaled and blurred to eliminate jaggies.

If screens dont fit your browser window, you might want to learn to push the + symbol or the four arrow box to scale up the image  rolleyes.gif

upscaling a downscaled image like that will do nothing more then make the image worse.  i say wait for the 720p images before making any kind of assumptions, especially considering the fact that there have already been 720p images out that are jag free so i dont know where people are getting this shit from.

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »

jaggies or not this game looks amazing...

Joergen

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Pics
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Jan 20 2006, 02:00 AM) View Post

upscaling a downscaled image like that will do nothing more then make the image worse.  i say wait for the 720p images before making any kind of assumptions, especially considering the fact that there have already been 720p images out that are jag free so i dont know where people are getting this shit from.

I meant when an image opened directly into the browser doesnt fit into its frame it is downscaled with nearest-neighbor (crude) scaling down to fit the frame, thus causing jaggies.

And some people STILL dont know when that happens nor do they know how to bring the image back up into its 1:1 resolution (hold your mouse cursor over it and then press the square box that appears to the lower right corner of the image - or press the (+) symbol in firefox). I hope IE7 adds bilinear or bicubic resizing so these people cant complain.

Most PR photos are more or less fakes, downscaled from higher resolutions to create fake supersampling, and various blurring effects applied by hand. Only when somebody with a devkit gets actual framebuffer grabs do we see the raw truth. And occationally you see shots released that are real, but thats just more due to carelessness or rarely the shots actually look good enough to not need faking (like PGR3 photo mode shots, but no actual ingame shots were ever released)
Pages: [1] 2