xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Ghost Recon 3 Vid  (Read 166 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

cant wait to get home to see this one, enjoy guys.

Gamespot has a nice video dev diary for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. The video comes complete with some gameplay footage that looks pretty impressive. Check it out.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/948/

Deftech

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

'twas coming here to post this, lol

lookin' good!

CattyKid

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

Anyone know if there is a better version of the trailer on gamespot.  It looks like garbage.  Are there any REALLY high res recent videos from Ghost Recon?

Deftech

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

thats my b-day, someone buy fight night for me, cuz I sure as hell aint giving EA my $$.

pingrr

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

That game wasn't even on my list of games to get.  But the more I see of it the visuals are starting to look so good I will be forced into buying the game.

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

I can't wait for this one!

melongstrike

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

The game "looks" great... but it's funny

I never played a Ghost Recon Game that I enjoyed. Now on the other hand Rainbow 6 has always for some reason held my attention. Hopefully, this next GR game will feel more like Rainbow 6 while still giving Ghost Recon elements.

Carry on

Deftech

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

Maybe its the bigger, outdoor environments that you didnt like in recons? I know thats what turned off some of my friends to it, they also liked R6 3 better due to its close quarters encounters. Just trying to start conversation, dont look 2 deep into it  biggrin.gif

If I had to chose, Id take Recon time after time. But I like them both very much and luckily dont have 2 chose. Itll be interesting to see what comes of a 360 R6 title.

melongstrike

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

Maybe a combination of the outdoors, the nav points they use, and overall feel but even when playing R6 in the snow stage's the outdoor's really didn't bother me. But then again playing (oh shit I forgot) the army game supposedly used for training starts off troops throwing the football and you couldn't control the men you pointed and clicked... damnit (will edit with game title later) ah yes Full Spectrum Warrior

but with the nav's used on that game didn't bother me either... I don't know what the hell is my problem but I at least hope the controls can be configured to play the way I like to play and not just defaults.

deacon187

• Archived User
New Ghost Recon 3 Vid
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Jan 13 2006, 09:05 AM) View Post

The game "looks" great... but it's funny

I never played a Ghost Recon Game that I enjoyed. Now on the other hand Rainbow 6 has always for some reason held my attention. Hopefully, this next GR game will feel more like Rainbow 6 while still giving Ghost Recon elements.

Carry on

i hope you are kiding, RB6 is to arcade like compared to GR which is more of a sim war/stratigic game, i own every GR game made for xbox and not one RB6 game, RB6 is no real fun.  GR you have to really think your in the middle of the battle field, the original GR still to this day has have to of logged more hours of playing then anygame  ive ever purchased and it was available 3 years ago